Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

I just picked one of these babies up along with their Han Solo blaster. I'm using them for my first prop project! They're a little flimsy, so I'm going to try to make a mold, and cast them in resin. I was inspired by Bill over at Punished Props. Wish me luck!

I just picked one of these babies up along with their Han Solo blaster. I'm using them for my first prop project! They're a little flimsy, so I'm going to try to make a mold, and cast them in resin. I was inspired by Bill over at Punished Props. Wish me luck!

No need to cast them - just fill the Rubies with resin! You'll be $80 richer since you won't have to buy a bunch of rubber for the molds - all you need is half of a $20 trial size resin kit and a small funnel. Not to mention you won't have to deal with filling inevitable air bubbles in the casting, and the seam work will be easier/only need to be done once (rather than once on the master and then the casting).

No need to cast them - just fill the Rubies with resin! You'll be $80 richer since you won't have to buy a bunch of rubber for the molds - all you need is half of a $20 trial size resin kit and a small funnel. Not to mention you won't have to deal with filling inevitable air bubbles in the casting, and the seam work will be easier/only need to be done once (rather than once on the master and then the casting).
Is it meant to be Like a mold or just a way to make the blaster more heavy duty?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Hmm good idea, but I want to make a few so I can try some different things with them (paints, real screws in Leia's blaster, holowing out the barrel...). Plus I want the experience!

Necropost! Just got the Leia blaster for $5.60 on Amazon! They’re going for anywhere up to $8 right now. Just in case anyone is still paying attention.

Got mine for $5.60 at Target, as they honored their online price.
image.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back