Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RabidBadgerFran

I just picked one of these babies up along with their Han Solo blaster. I'm using them for my first prop project! They're a little flimsy, so I'm going to try to make a mold, and cast them in resin. I was inspired by Bill over at Punished Props. Wish me luck!

E Williams

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just picked one of these babies up along with their Han Solo blaster. I'm using them for my first prop project! They're a little flimsy, so I'm going to try to make a mold, and cast them in resin. I was inspired by Bill over at Punished Props. Wish me luck!
No need to cast them - just fill the Rubies with resin! You'll be $80 richer since you won't have to buy a bunch of rubber for the molds - all you need is half of a $20 trial size resin kit and a small funnel. Not to mention you won't have to deal with filling inevitable air bubbles in the casting, and the seam work will be easier/only need to be done once (rather than once on the master and then the casting).

grenater

No need to cast them - just fill the Rubies with resin! You'll be $80 richer since you won't have to buy a bunch of rubber for the molds - all you need is half of a $20 trial size resin kit and a small funnel. Not to mention you won't have to deal with filling inevitable air bubbles in the casting, and the seam work will be easier/only need to be done once (rather than once on the master and then the casting).
Is it meant to be Like a mold or just a way to make the blaster more heavy duty?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

RabidBadgerFran

Hmm good idea, but I want to make a few so I can try some different things with them (paints, real screws in Leia's blaster, holowing out the barrel...). Plus I want the experience!

E Williams

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is it meant to be Like a mold or just a way to make the blaster more heavy duty?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
It's meant for reinforcement and added weight - mentioned because RabidBadgerFan said he thought they were flimsy.

sbeall

Necropost! Just got the Leia blaster for $5.60 on Amazon! They’re going for anywhere up to $8 right now. Just in case anyone is still paying attention.