Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

Hokay, so... The first four are on their way, but apparently there was a rush on BlockBuster around the time I was ordering the fifth. *narrows eyes at the folks further up the page* You know who you are... So they weren't able to process that last order of mine. And, as noted by someone else a couple posts up, they have utterly vanished once more. @OdiWan72, @Country Paul, I do rather want one of those four for myself. Would one of you guys be okay with just one for now, until they get replenished?

--Jonah

Don't look at me, I nabbed the one from eBay. :devil

Hokay, so... The first four are on their way, but apparently there was a rush on BlockBuster around the time I was ordering the fifth. *narrows eyes at the folks further up the page* You know who you are... So they weren't able to process that last order of mine. And, as noted by someone else a couple posts up, they have utterly vanished once more. @OdiWan72, @Country Paul, I do rather want one of those four for myself. Would one of you guys be okay with just one for now, until they get replenished?

--Jonah

I am in no hurry, send Paul his two and I´ll wait for a second one, no prob (have real converted Margolins, so these will be a fun project only)

Thx again for your efforts,

Markus.

Thanks, Markus. The two of you might want to PM me your shipping info soonish. I should have them in hand within a week or so. Oh, and I think your idea of offering an accurizing kit for the magazine bottom is a good one. I'll mention here, also, that anyone wanting to replace the moulded-on part with an actual Tomtit engine cylinder can get them from the original manufacturer, who was found as part of the research thread into the ANH Hero DL-44 and offers parts kits for a terrific price.

--Jonah

Thanks, Markus. The two of you might want to PM me your shipping info soonish. I should have them in hand within a week or so. Oh, and I think your idea of offering an accurizing kit for the magazine bottom is a good one. I'll mention here, also, that anyone wanting to replace the moulded-on part with an actual Tomtit engine cylinder can get them from the original manufacturer, who was found as part of the research thread into the ANH Hero DL-44 and offers parts kits for a terrific price.

--Jonah

Parts for the ROTJ Version would be sweet as well.

--Jonah

Thanks Markus you are a gentleman & it's appreciated :)

I currently don't have a Leia Blaster so really looking forward to getting these & hopefully they'll fill my ANH & ROTJ needs nicely :lol

Jonah - I'll PM you with my address for shipping soon & once again I'm really grateful for you going to the trouble of getting these for me,

I'll have to see if I've got any Tomtit cylinders left (or if I used them all for my Greedo Blaster & Merr Sonn's)

I'm sure they'll be everywhere by September when the costume stores start opening.

You never know. I've yet to see items like Ahsoka's lightsaber, Gaffi stick, royal guard staff, or other items or costumes in a Target, Walmart, Party City, or Spirit store and they all have been out for a few years. Don't get me wrong, it might be a common find this year but with a Rubies item, you never know.

Got mine today. Nice little replica.

Two great things about it:
No screw holes to fill.
Not raised text to sand off (all info on a clear sticker that is easily removed).

I was going to modify it with a tomtit part, real cord, and a 3D print muzzle, but I think i might just stick to surface prep and a paint job. Maybe on second one.

I do think I want to modify the muzzle opening and maybe strengthen the barrel with a metal or wood insert.

I would also like to add weight to the body. I don't have resin on hand and I don't really want to invest in resin just for this. Can anyone suggest a cheap filler? Something that is low in cost and something i do not have to buy a huge amount.

Got mine today. Nice little replica.

Two great things about it:
No screw holes to fill.
Not raised text to sand off (all info on a clear sticker that is easily removed).

I was going to modify it with a tomtit part, real cord, and a 3D print muzzle, but I think i might just stick to surface prep and a paint job. Maybe on second one.

I do think I want to modify the muzzle opening and maybe strengthen the barrel with a metal or wood insert.

I would also like to add weight to the body. I don't have resin on hand and I don't really want to invest in resin just for this. Can anyone suggest a cheap filler? Something that is low in cost and something i do not have to buy a huge amount.

Nuts and bolts plus glue :)

I've actually been modding a Rubies e-11, and to add weight I filled the interior with bondo. I'm not sure if that's possible with the Leia, seeing as how you mentioned that there are no screw holes to fill. Are there still screws that hold 2 pieces together?

I've actually been modding a Rubies e-11, and to add weight I filled the interior with bondo. I'm not sure if that's possible with the Leia, seeing as how you mentioned that there are no screw holes to fill. Are there still screws that hold 2 pieces together?

it appears the halves are glued together.

Couple things... I wasn't expecting them to show up til Monday, but they got here today (so get me your shipping info, you two :p). As MJF noted, no screw holes to fill... which also means no screw holes to help dismantle. I want to re-do the trigger and hammer, in addition to barrel stuff. @OdiWan72, might you be willing to include castings of those bits along with the magazine base piece(s)?

@Mara Jade's Father, I often use that epoxy putty to add solidity, but more heft may be desired for these. In those cases, I have a bunch of #9 lead shot (the smallest size, about 1/16" across), that I secure in place with plain ol' super glue. Since I'm planning to replace the barrel on this with a metal one, more weight at the other end is something I'm wanting. I'll havepictures up sometime this weekend...

--Jonah

Some good ideas especially for future projects. I think the glue mixed with metal bits might be better for this particular project since I will most likely insert it thought thrlegth of the barrel and need it to be kind of runny. Instead of bolts and nuts, I might try BBs.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mara Jade's Father, I often use that epoxy putty to add solidity, but more heft may be desired for these. In those cases, I have a bunch of #9 lead shot (the smallest size, about 1/16" across), that I secure in place with plain ol' super glue. Since I'm planning to replace the barrel on this with a metal one, more weight at the other end is something I'm wanting. I'll havepictures up sometime this weekend...

Lead shot would be good too. Do they sell it in small supply, of so, where?

Couple things... I wasn't expecting them to show up til Monday, but they got here today (so get me your shipping info, you two :p). As MJF noted, no screw holes to fill... which also means no screw holes to help dismantle. I want to re-do the trigger and hammer, in addition to barrel stuff. @OdiWan72, might you be willing to include castings of those bits along with the magazine base piece(s)?

--Jonah

Awesome :) Sent you a PM

While poking around I saw their Tusken staff. I know it's thin plastic but anyone know how accurate??? I'm thinking fill it and re-paint or mold and cast?????

On the Leia I never wanted it as far as MR goes but for that price and accuracy I'm getting two. Lea ANH and Mod for Leai ROTJ. Make all the needed mods, add weight and paint. Bam!!!!!

Thanks

Tom

I'm not sure it's worth trying to fix.

This is the only photo I was able to find of it. The 'pineapple' is the only part worth using and it's way undersized.

photo1-vi.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back