RS Propmasters X-Wing Helmets

Has anyone heard any rumblings about them eventually offering an Endor Rebel Troop Donut? I missed out on a vac-formed kit offering on the Rebel Legion forums a few years ago and I've been kicking myself ever since. I'm not keen on 3D prints and the resin casts I've seen I'm not super impressed with.

Has anyone heard any rumblings about them eventually offering an Endor Rebel Troop Donut? I missed out on a vac-formed kit offering on the Rebel Legion forums a few years ago and I've been kicking myself ever since. I'm not keen on 3D prints and the resin casts I've seen I'm not super impressed with.
It's likely on their hit list for this year. They kinda teased it in one of their YT videos from January.

Last edited:
I couldn't recall when I saw that unboxing video. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a possible offering.
Keep your eyes glued to the various Star Wars props/toys fan sites. They’ve been veering towards offering new limited items through these channels and not directly notifying existing customers or via therpf. E.g., the hyperdrive, the cargo hold, etc. on Facebook. I think it’s their way of reaching out to collector fans who aren’t aware of RS.

You can sign up to receive email updates on their website. They don't send out emails very often. I believe they said announcements of new products will be included in the emails.

There are some companies I have heard of that make a product people want,...and sell it to them. For real. You just call them up, or go to their website and buy it. They make good money as well as they make as many as people want. Keeps people from buying up a bunch on a "Limited Run" and then scalping them.

Very interesting. Out of the box thinking. Something to ponder.

RS is a small operation and is always busy. They batch run some products for efficiency. They don’t need to have options open all the time to fill their queue. They have a new signature edition sandtrooper coming. Plaques are already signed, so it’s also a limited run.

Believe it or not, the rpf has been seen as an exclusive group/club. People used to and probably still complain that they had/have to join the rpf to get on runs.

Even Hasbro does exclusives for retailers. So many options for props advertised on Facebook company pages or linked to Etsy that are never seen here. Even Sideshow offers exclusive rewards and giveaways through their Facebook groups. It’s a huge marketing boon for a much larger market. I probably received over $300 in sideshow rewards from it last year.

I’ve never understood the complaining about Facebook group exclusives. Joining Facebook is free, joining groups like The Hyperdrive and Rogue One 6 is free. You don’t need to have your “Facebook page” public or even have friends.

In fact, you guys who avoid joining Facebook groups are missing out on all of the great interaction among like-minded people.

I’ve never understood the complaining about Facebook group exclusives. Joining Facebook is free, joining groups like The Hyperdrive and Rogue One 6 is free. You don’t need to have your “Facebook page” public or even have friends.

In fact, you guys who avoid joining Facebook groups are missing out on all of the great interaction among like-minded people.
I don't mind joining these places for exclusives (except Facebook). Problem is I wasn't aware offering exclusives was a thing they did.

Its "Free". you pay with confirming that the data that they harvested elsewhere is true. F-Book tries to follow you over the entire internet to get as much data as possible.

I agree that it’s really not a big deal to sign up for these groups, but as someone who’s a member of most of them, I’m a bit unsure about the quality of the interactions they offer. Pretty much all of them are the same sort of blend of 1) people posting pics of their new items, 2) people asking where to find things they want, and 3) people peddling their old stuff. Along with 4) official group posts about exclusive offerings for sale.

Maybe some people are having some sort of in-depth discussions or there’s something unique that would make membership more meaningful than the above, but I haven’t seen it personally.

Nothing against those who like being members of these various groups, but my general impression has been: “what’s the point of this?” That being said, collaborations are not unique to this hobby and the benefits of collaborations for both sides (as far as exposure and increasing popularity/$) are pretty straightforward, so it’s hard to put much blame on the makers who do them.

Last edited:
I don't like having exclusives for groups that reject people from joining without allowing any explanation to resolve why they were rejected. If the point of exclusives is to expand knowledge and membership in a group, rejecting people doesn't make sense. It bugs me that someone that knows almost nothing about a person can control what they are allowed to buy, even if that person is a long time customer of the maker of the item.

I don't like how much overlap there is in the groups. If you are a member of several similar groups, often the same thing is posted in each.

Its "Free". you pay with confirming that the data that they harvested elsewhere is true. F-Book tries to follow you over the entire internet to get as much data as possible.
Everyone data harvests, that is the reality of modern society. The bottom line is this…how bad do you want these exclusives? The majority of RS customers don’t mind Facebook exclusives. Why should RS bend over backwards and stop doing something for a minority of their customer base who have an issue over something like data harvesting?

Last edited:
I don't like having exclusives for groups that reject people from joining without allowing any explanation to resolve why they were rejected. If the point of exclusives is to expand knowledge and membership in a group, rejecting people doesn't make sense. It bugs me that someone that knows almost nothing about a person can control what they are allowed to buy, even if that person is a long time customer of the maker of the item.

I don't like how much overlap there is in the groups. If you are a member of several similar groups, often the same thing is posted in each.
You mentioned this before, regarding the hyperdrive? I know the owner, he is a decent understanding person. They never reject anyone unless they have a good reason to.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back