RS Prop Masters Lineage Boba Fett Helmet

So they were always on there going back to 1980? Or were they added for the SE filiming? That's what I'm confused about.
I don't believe they were on the ESB 1980 helmet. He is saying that if one is replicating the SE 97 Helmet, (which is the ESB helmet, just even more dinged up), one needs those marks.

The blue sharpie marks don't make much sense from a weathering perspective. I would think they were accidental. The question is exactly when that happened. Is there good reference of the helmet at the time the SE scenes were made?

I can understand someone being hesitant to put those marks on after doing the careful paint job. If you do the sharpie marks slowly, it probably wouldn't look right. Seems like they need to be quick swipes which would be very hard to do accurately.

I don’t think we’ve ever found out why the additional details were added but we do know that the crack was repaired. It’s one of the many mysteries of Fett.

I can understand someone being hesitant to put those marks on after doing the careful paint job. If you do the sharpie marks slowly, it probably wouldn't look right. Seems like they need to be quick swipes which would be very hard to do accurately.

If one was so inclined they could make a mask out of Mylar stencil material and airbrush it with alcohol ink, or even just use the stencil as a guide to run the sharpie inside of.

Personally it’s a detail I’m not fond of, but if it is there on screen it makes sense to add it. Or at the very least it should be an option.

If one was so inclined they could make a mask out of Mylar stencil material and airbrush it with alcohol ink, or even just use the stencil as a guide to run the sharpie inside of.

Personally it’s a detail I’m not fond of, but if it is there on screen it makes sense to add it. Or at the very least it should be an option.
I don't like the blue sharpie marks either. They don't look right in universe. The other damage makes sense although it is inconsistent with the original scenes.

When is the earliest evidence that shows the blue marks from? The marks could have happened after filming the SE scenes or while filming. I would have thought they would do something about those marks if they happened prior to filming unless there wasn't enough time.

The earliest evidence is from the promotion shots taken at the same time of filming:

1634908312383.png

The earliest evidence is from the promotion shots taken at the same time of filming:
Based on that I would say replicas of the SE helmet should have that detail unless someone chooses to not have it. Perhaps do it like Mr Mold Maker suggested. That seems like a much safer way to do it than actually using a marker.

I always want things to be as accurate to the actual prop as possible- but the blue sharpie marks are still weird. They could be accidental although there are several separate marks if you look at the pictures. (Credit to RafalFett at The Dented Helmet.)
DCEEF642-9FD4-4F74-9DA2-D34A10499B7D.jpeg

Last edited:
That was one small shortcoming on the RS kit, it did not come with a metal borden.
Might have to sacrifice my eFX Boba helmet for some parts.

Didn’t they make 6 helmets for the production? They were all a little different from each other. So, apparently, blue Sharpie wasn’t on all of them.

& I’m really loving this thread!

I have to be honest, I’m a big supporter of RS and I own many of their helmets, but I’m very impressed with how the $430 EFX helmet compares to the $1600+ RS helmet. Yes, the painting application is superior on the RS helmet, but I’m now of the opinion that the RS helmet isn’t worth the cost.
I painted up my EFX to correct ESB specs for exactly that reason.
DiKs9_BR3AbhlsbfHXcxu0RTb8=w584-h907-no?authuser=0.jpg

iitDYo6fsA3uttpu-aZqJJtdnV=w543-h907-no?authuser=0.jpg

Y_cJImoW2F5bo2OyP6L1IylrOb=w589-h907-no?authuser=0.jpg

6OtsAj8xuspEx5FmR3765JrPU1=w631-h907-no?authuser=0.jpg

K1fVd92FCc6xWgzbXmXvq6Qr5B=w879-h907-no?authuser=0.jpg

CU2csqSgYRPSpp9zYwtYsGBnQ=w1101-h907-no?authuser=0.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back