RS Prop Masters Lineage Boba Fett Helmet

Nice to see the thumb print make it on that example. Still it's missing a good amount of SE detail. That while smudge on the mandible should be more pronounced as well. I still haven't seen one example with blue sharpie marks on it.

Nice to see the thumb print make it on that example. Still it's missing a good amount of SE detail. That while smudge on the mandible should be more pronounced as well. I still haven't seen one example with blue sharpie marks on it.
I’m not a Fett expert by any means, but I’ve seen in person the EFX, MR and a few non licence Fett Buckets and none of them comes close to to this one in terms of size, shape and finishing. I know this was painted by Jon Bird and is the same as there paint master copy.

I’m not a Fett expert by any means, but I’ve seen in person the EFX, MR and a few non licence Fett Buckets and none of them comes close to to this one in terms of size, shape and finishing. I know this was painted by Jon Bird and is the same as there paint master copy.

The eFx for an example shares the same lineage as this helmet but was created in such a way it could be made into plastic. If efx ever releases their Legend piece that would be a much more comparable replica. The eFx was also painted to match ESB filming references and in Fett 4 Real's prototype all missing details that either eFx or Disney required to be removed were present on the prototype.

The MR helmet used the incorrect helmet to produce their replica. They mistakenly used the Pre-Production 3 helmet which while not identical to the ESB Hero helmet it's pretty close. MR replicated the PP3 almost perfectly if not for the "pinch" when it came to their master mold.

For example, RS PROPS and Machine Craft Replica both sell fiberglass G2 Hero helmets with metal ear options. I am having my helmet painted by Fett 4 Real who is the only painter who has seen reference pictures and color swatches unavailable to anyone outside of eFx and the archives. While slightly more expensive than the offering from RS Props it won't be missing the details seen here. RS Props is an amazing shop and I'm not taking anything away from their efforts. The coloring of their helmets is amazing but they're 90% complete not 100% to reach a perfect SE Replica.

The eFx for an example shares the same lineage as this helmet but was created in such a way it could be made into plastic. If efx ever releases their Legend piece that would be a much more comparable replica. The eFx was also painted to match ESB filming references and in Fett 4 Real's prototype all missing details that either eFx or Disney required to be removed were present on the prototype.

The MR helmet used the incorrect helmet to produce their replica. They mistakenly used the Pre-Production 3 helmet which while not identical to the ESB Hero helmet it's pretty close. MR replicated the PP3 almost perfectly if not for the "pinch" when it came to their master mold.

For example, RS PROPS and Machine Craft Replica both sell fiberglass G2 Hero helmets with metal ear options. I am having my helmet painted by Fett 4 Real who is the only painter who has seen reference pictures and color swatches unavailable to anyone outside of eFx and the archives. While slightly more expensive than the offering from RS Props it won't be missing the details seen here. RS Props is an amazing shop and I'm not taking anything away from their efforts. The coloring of their helmets is amazing but they're 90% complete not 100% to reach a perfect SE Replica.
Thanks for that. Well this one is more than good enough for me. I look forward to seeing your finished helmet.

Where are the blue sharpie marks supposed to be?

Jon told me that he tried the sharpie but ultimately didn’t go with it in fear of botching up the back panels as you never get the same result twice.

Are the arrows pointing to all of the blue sharpie marks? Some of them get pretty faint.

That is an odd detail for them to have added to the actual helmet. It looks nothing like the rest of the weathering.

Blue-Sharpie.jpg

Very interesting info, BudaFett.

Just asking but if the blue sharpie marks are specific to the SE version paint job, wouldn't leaving them off be 'truer' to the helmet as first seen?

Very interesting info, BudaFett.

Just asking but if the blue sharpie marks are specific to the SE version paint job, wouldn't leaving them off be 'truer' to the helmet as first seen?

The blue sharpie is/was present on the helmet during filming and promotional shots for the Special Editions in '97. They should be present on any helmet that is replicating the Empire Strikes Back Hero helmet used in those SE scenes.

So they were always on there going back to 1980? Or were they added for the SE filiming? That's what I'm confused about.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back