RS Prop Masters Lineage Boba Fett Helmet

Guys dont quote me on that. But that’s when I said I’m out for the aluminum ears

I have yet to order my fett helmet.. this hobby is starting to go beyond my budget on a lot of stuff

To top it off I’m not really a fett fan.. so it’s a lot to invest just to sit behind glass.. idk..

maybe it was announced in one of the videos?
So another £550 for the aluminum ears? The aluminum stalk is already included in the price of the fully assembled and painted version (not sure if that’s the case with the cast only version.)

I have ordered a painted one myself in instalments. I must admit it’s putting me off somewhat if that is the confirmed price.

Guys dont quote me on that. But that’s when I said I’m out for the aluminum ears

I have yet to order my fett helmet.. this hobby is starting to go beyond my budget on a lot of stuff

To top it off I’m not really a fett fan.. so it’s a lot to invest just to sit behind glass.. idk..

Blasphemous :eek:

They haven't released the price yet... all they've said is it will be a shocking difference from the norm... (paraphrasing). Given that MC makes them for $600 I would hope less than half the price...

A lot of people here are quoting prices that they have conjured out of thin air . NO announcement has been made about ally ear prices yet .

A lot of people here are quoting prices that they have conjured out of thin air . NO announcement has been made about ally ear prices yet .

Thank you for confirming, that’s why I said not to quote me on it. Because I read it from someone else.

The metal ears you're referring to, are those the ones made on the machines that made the original ears? If so there is a post on TDH by the person organizing that run stating that RS did not contact them about this before making the statement about the ears. They have no intention of selling the ears for the RS helmet, the last I checked. It was a small run for a few people who helped with the measurements and research. I'll see if I can dig that post up again.

The metal ears you're referring to, are those the ones made on the machines that made the original ears? If so there is a post on TDH by the person organizing that run stating that RS did not contact them about this before making the statement about the ears. They have no intention of selling the ears for the RS helmet, the last I checked. It was a small run for a few people who helped with the measurements and research. I'll see if I can dig that post up again.

I think RS said they were sourcing there own provider for the ears etc.

I’ve never understood how people can have complex lightsaber runs machined, and sell them for $200-300.. but something that seems relatively straight forward like the ears easily go for double that. The only thing that really makes sense to me would be if they are usually done in such small batches that the start up price is inevitably much higher. Hopefully RS will be putting in a large order to start and that may bring the overall price down a little?

I am no machinist so I am sure I’m ignorant to many of the the details, but it just always seemed to me like metal ears are over priced and vastly overrated. I plan to just Alumaluster my resin ears. As this helmet will live on a shelf, it will be indistinguishable. That’s good enough for me..

Last edited:
If the resin ears are cast from a lineage source, wouldn't those have more of the authentic features like bumps, defects, etc? I wouldn't think aluminum ears would have those details.

If the resin ears are cast from a lineage source, wouldn't those have more of the authentic features like bumps, defects, etc? I wouldn't think aluminum ears would have those details.

If a mold was ever made of the original ears, I don't believe there was.

If a mold was ever made of the original ears, I don't believe there was.
9CA279A2-3261-4FB5-A7AD-6608E68A04EA.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back