RS Prop Masters Lineage Boba Fett Helmet

Machine Craft Replicas (over at TDH) also is selling a G2 cast (same as RS Props). His offering comes with metal ears and his second run is opened now.

If you intend to display the raw helmet then metal ears look great but painting completely over aluminum for the ROTJ SE paint job makes no sense and doubling the cost to just cover them up is again foolish. The purist approach is great though and there will be those who prefer metal but there are options for everyone.

If you intend to display the raw helmet then metal ears look great but painting completely over aluminum for the ROTJ SE paint job makes no sense and doubling the cost to just cover them up is again foolish. The purist approach is great though and there will be those who prefer metal but there are options for everyone.

Although I don't share the "no-metal ears" option because I am a Fett purist, I agree that there are options for everyone. Anyway, you cannot buy a MCR helmet if you do not buy his metal ears first. Literally, you can't.

This is how the eFX mould was made from the original ESB helmet (2012). The RS and the MCR helmets (their original masters, not the ones being sold now) come from this mould.

This is how the eFX mould was made from the original ESB helmet (2012). The RS and the MCR helmets (their original masters, not the ones being sold now) come from this mould.
For those of us not as familiar with how this works, does this mean RS and MCR received a cast from this mold, then they created a mold to produce the helmets they are selling?

You're correct. Masters were 1st gen casts from that mould. The ones being sold are 2nd gen casts from that masters.

You're correct. Masters were 1st gen casts from that mould. The ones being sold are 2nd gen casts from that masters.

Gino has a G1 cast from the original mold of the helmet. Gino made a mold of his helmet, and gave it to RS, which is a G2, to which they made a mold, and are now going to offer a G3.

That's the way I heard it.

Others are offering G4 and possibly G5s.

Gino has a G1 cast from the original mold of the helmet. Gino made a mold of his helmet, and gave it to RS, which is a G2, to which they made a mold, and are now going to offer a G3.

That's the way I heard it.

Others are offering G4 and possibly G5s.

I do not believe this is correct. There were multiple G1 pulls from the efx mold. It is G1 copies that were provided to MC and RS so the copies they are selling are G2.

Cheers,

Dave

Confusion here sorry. What does all that make the EFX PCR?

Unrelated. The efx pcr is not a direct unaltered pull from the molds. I have the PCR and the shape is there (wonkiness etc) and the chips from ESB are there but soft. The SE cracks are not there and the paint app, though spot on was painted on and there are no remnants of paint in the actual plastic (if you were to remove the paint)...which is of course different from the materials used by RS, MF, and MCR. Not to mention the PCR was made in parts. The PCR, however, does have the aluminum ears and the correct light sequence on the range finder.

Last edited:
I do not believe this is correct. There were multiple G1 pulls from the efx mold. It is G1 copies that were provided to MC and RS so the copies they are selling are G2.

Cheers,

Dave

My bad. I definitely stand corrected. And it's definitely much better for everyone. Cool beans. :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back