Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

From the Q and A:

Rebel Blockade Runner won over Medical Frigate
Jawa Sandcrawler won in a landslide over Sebulba's pod racer
TIE Bomber was mentioned, he would like to get to it, in the next 2-3 years.
Jamie mentioned a 1/48 scale Y-wing, being a kit he wants to do and the possibility of making it in the USA.

if I didn’t have a SS TIE with KS I would be doing backflips for that. I am disappointed that he says a 1/1000 Enterprise D is around the c and then no further.

The reluctance to do a 1/1000 Enterprise D, is a little odd. I sure as anything, won't be buying any products based on Kurtzman Trek. They can take all those and flush em down the john, as far as I'm concerned.

The reluctance to do a 1/1000 Enterprise D, is a little odd. I sure as anything, won't be buying any products based on Kurtzman Trek. They can take all those and flush em down the john, as far as I'm concerned.
Did I missunderstand what he said? I thought he said and Enterprise D in 1/1000 was going to release next year. I would love a SNW E in 1/500. Sorry offtrack of the thread title.

Did I missunderstand what he said? I thought he said and Enterprise D in 1/1000 was going to release next year. I would love a SNW E in 1/500. Sorry offtrack of the thread title.
I got the impression that the 1/1000 Enterprise D, was still not firmly in the pipeline. He has the informal poll, where the room is split on that or a 1/500 SNW Enterprise.

I’d just like to take some time out of this thread to yell about something I dislike and hope that it gets flushed down the toilet! :)

I honestly think Round2 just blew it, and has not intention of adding an interior.

They were just caught flat-footed by Revell's inclusion of the cargo bay. Just my $0.02.
Jamie mentioned that the files they received, did not have a full interior.

I was hoping to come back from vacation and see a Blockade Runner announced at Wonderfest, but a (kinda) SS Tie is cool. I will definitely be getting that. Hopefully, R2 will put some research into replicating a reasonably accurate Koolshade -- not metal, obviously, but a texture that mimics the look as close as possible for injection molding.

I've been waiting on word about whether R2 was going to really do a true 1/24 scale studio scale TIE Fighter (and hopefully offer up more studio scale offerings after that) and well, it looks like I got my answer. Good news for people who want these but it's a pass for me if it's just 1/32 scale.

I was hoping to come back from vacation and see a Blockade Runner announced at Wonderfest, but a (kinda) SS Tie is cool. I will definitely be getting that. Hopefully, R2 will put some research into replicating a reasonably accurate Koolshade -- not metal, obviously, but a texture that mimics the look as close as possible for injection molding.

From the Q & A, it sound like Jamie is on board with doing a 1/350 version of the Blockade Runner. Not official yet, but, it certainly sounds hopeful!

Another thing that was mentioned: The molds for the large Tydrium have gone missing. Round2 was not given them, so they are apparently gone forever.

Despite me having several TIE fighters, (AMT, FineMolds, Bandai) I will definitely get the Round 2 one in any scale, but preferably in studio scale.

TazMan2000

Another thing that was mentioned: The molds for the large Tydrium have gone missing. Round2 was not given them, so they are apparently gone forever.

technically he said they were one of the molds sets that was "destroyed"

distinction being "missing" implies they might be found at some point vs being gone forever

Sorry, I know this is one of those annoying eye roll clarifications :lol:

On a serious note though, I guess they destroy some of the molds when they lose a license, but not all of them?

Maybe they just hold on to the best sellers, or was the mold unintentionally destroyed from wear and tear?

technically he said they were one of the molds sets that was "destroyed"

distinction being "missing" implies they might be found at some point vs being gone forever

Sorry, I know this is one of those annoying eye roll clarifications :lol:

On a serious note though, I guess they destroy some of the molds when they lose a license, but not all of them?

Maybe they just hold on to the best sellers, or was the mold unintentionally destroyed from wear and tear?

Hey, if we have learned anything from Disney Star Wars: If it didn't happen on screen, you can't be sure it happened at all! ;)

Even if it did, you can't be sure that the Tydrium won't come back with robotic legs :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey, if we have learned anything from Disney Star Wars: If it didn't happen on screen, you can't be sure it happened at all! ;)

Even if it did, you can't be sure that the Tydrium won't come back with robotic legs :rolleyes:
I am kind of glad they are gone so they aren't tempted to do a repop vs a new tool

I know he said if the Bad Batch shuttle does well they would probably do a 1/144 Tyderium

I am not a huge fan of the Bad Batch shuttle design, but will buy if it leads to a new tooled 1/144 Tyderium
After all I am a completist and it would be a nice side by side display

Would prefer a true 1/72 Tyderium as the old one was close to 1/87, but 1/144 is the next best

Not Star Wars related, but I am really looking forward to the Lab pod 14" (1/72) eagle. That is a must have for me

Last edited:
...a 1/32 Y-Wing would be even more impressive...

It's funny, as a test I decided to scale the Chris Bibby Y-Wing body to fill the print volume on my Saturn, and then scaled all the rest of the parts accordingly. Came out to be 1/33. It's big!

SB

Is there a rundown anywhere of everything announced and confirmed?
between the videos posted and the shots of the table

New tools
1/72 Razor Crest (obviously, but no release date yet unless I missed it)
1/32 Tie Fighter
1/144 Bad Batch Havoc Marauder Shuttle

Upgraded/new parts
1/72 Millennium Falcon ( even if no scale listed, I am calling it 1/72 since it happens to be the same size as the PG Falcon)

Future Consideration
1/144 Tyderium Shuttle if there is enough interest based on demand for the Bad Batch shuttle
1/32 X-Wing hinted at assuming the 1/32 Tie Fighter also shows enough interest in continuing the series
1/350 Blockade Runner a possibility
lots of other speculation like a Tie Bomber, Sandcrawler and
He even mentioned if there is enough serious interest for The Ghost that may be a possibility Apparently was something they had on their radar weighing the possible success of a kit like that

Non-Star Wars related
No plans currently for the Batmobile from the Batman, but if there is a sequel or they get more requests it would probably happen

1/72 Lab Pod Eagle and rerelease of 1/48 cargo eagle

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back