ROTS Vader Mask Interior

FP, No one has given me the contact info,. should someone do so YOU ARE DEFINETALLY THE GUY.
First off , very nice rots reveal.........

Secondly why I think showing Don the first thread will work is the same reason I formatted it this way. When you ask some one "what was all the stuff you used in the....." it is quite overwhelming and you may miss stuff and/or forget stuff. When you show a picture and have bullets it is easier and seems like a much simpler task to complete.(They say when you want someone to answer all of your question in an e-mail to bullet or number them, that way the answerer has a conception and a goal of the task, i.e. 4 questions, 4 answers.) The other thing is I fully understand "troubling" Don with this stuff. If you go to the well too often..... So on the alternative i was hopping we could ask more generally and get him to say something like..."we busted open some computer hard drives(which we know), and used some parts from a model(which we know), and busted open a....".....". The big payoff may be what he says there, like pinball machine or slot machine or old soda machine...ect. then we may be able find all the other parts with little reaserch. Another key question may be to simply ask what was custom made.....that way we know what not to look for.

KEEP it simple for him and we may get more info....... Look at a pic and say, ya that's a.....

TK7602....oh man that heavy constuction equipment thing is a killer......where to begin. Nice that you asked, I really think if he saw a pic like I said above alot would come back to him.

i'll be back at the MoS on saturday for pretty much the whole day. i'm guessing i'll have time to zip in to the exhibit. are there any areas that you need more pics of?

i took one new interior photo yesterday. this one looks higher up into the inside of the mask, and gives a better view of what is in the top of the interior:

normal_IMG_9776.JPG

and the full 8 megapixel version is here:
http://tk7602.com/gallery/albums/MoS-refer...al_IMG_9776.JPG

tk7602-

The linked photo is the same size as the one posted - do you have a larger version? Looks like a great pic.

-Chris

ps: Awesome thread.

Originally posted by jedipunk@Apr 12 2006, 12:49 PM
tk7602-

The linked photo is the same size as the one posted - do you have a larger version? Looks like a great pic.

-Chris

ps: Awesome thread.
[snapback]1225121[/snapback]​

doh. i fixed my link in the last post. now it should work right.

WHAT A GREAT SHOT. I tried to pull this shot off while I was there..to no avail. I defietally see things in a new light. Any progress on the Don front. Man if we could just get him to tell us what peice of construction equipment was used....THAT WOULD BE THE BEST.

I assume most have seen this clip from the article:

"Some of the material he did find included electronic molex connectors, stainless steel studs from punk rocker collars, and parts from a Tamiya tank model kit. The two silver knobs bracketing Vader's mouthpiece, nicknamed the "tusks," came from a surprising source. "We were running short on time, so I actually bought them from a fan."

Has the Tamiya tank model been identified? What parts are they?

Where are the molex connectors?

Originally posted by Darthmagpie@Apr 15 2006, 05:12 PM
Has the Tamiya tank model been identified?  What parts are they? 

[snapback]1227118[/snapback]​

I think the model kit he was referring to was the one we've already identified. Keep in mind, that this article was posted on sw.com after the details that Don mentioned were already either suspected or already identified here on the RPF, in this thread. I've already entertained the idea that Don only discussed these particular details openly because he knew we were already all over these particular parts. Notice that Don didn't mention anything that we HAVEN"T identified ? :lol I would say that Don drops by here every now and then ... ;)

BTW Darthmagpie, I'm sorry I forgot about your PM. I'm on it ....

Brian - AWESOME SHOT MAN .... JUST AWESOME ....

I think I can now confirm that the IBM 9 GB SCSI Drives that I picked up are indeed the 6 finger hard drive arms that are shown on both side of the cheeks ... I'll try to post pics tonight to see what you guys think ... but I don't think we gotta worry about HD arms anymore :lol

FP

Hey guys, Have some new info.

Thanks to TK7602's great shot I identified this part.
I don't have this kit so someone needs to confirm(other side of part).
If this was already known, then it is time to put it in the thread
(and if it was don't tell me cause I feel good about finding it. lol)
At any rate, now we know and knowing is.....
mouthidentity.JPG

I know this part is not the same, however I am CONVINCED this is the part just from another model. I don't know what this part is. It comes from the tamiya panzer kampfwagen iv. Some studio scale guys must know and then we can look for that.
tanktread.JPG

I am more convinced than ever that this is a frame cut short and some type of a guard for the under carrage with a tranfer case. I put this pic of a rear axle with a transfer case to show what I mean. Lets hear some feedback on this. i don't know enough about military veicles to even guess where to look.
transfercase_1.JPG

All pics are borrowed, if you want it down, let me know and it will be done. Thanks, Ben

Thanks Wackychimp

The first part you pictured, I agree is "Dead On" - Good find .

I'm pretty ignorant about german military vehicles, but I'm a bit curious why the same part would show up in two different model kits. Do these kits have anything in common (besides the obvious of course)?? If so, they may have more than that in common ... and we may be wrong about the particular kit/kits model that Don bashed :lol

The second part you listed ... are you sure those aren't the parts??? If not, they're pretty damn close ... I'd use them in a pinch .... Nice find ........

The third part you listed ... I think you're on the right track with drive train components, seriously. But I think it looks more like a "Transmission Belll Housing". Something to think about.

FP

That piece is not on the list and has not been discussed(atleast not in this thread). I assumed some knew who had the kit but some didn't. Which brings me to another point. Let make sure all parts are confirmed with a pic or statement even if we know to our selves that it is the correct part(not speaking about this part, just made me think of an issue). This way we can all benafit from this thread as well as newcommers.

The panzer part is close can't exactly tell due to paint and shadow, but why only the one part from that model? Can anyone see more? studioscale.com

ok guys it's the weekend, lets identify another part. Call your studio scale buddies and have them take a look, generste some ideas.

My new theroy on #12 is that it is part of a grill from a military jeep model. What do you think?

Any updates here guys? Where are people looking? Who is camped out in Don's lawn waiting for him to get the morning paper so you can yell "Hey Don....What are the 2 copper things that look like they have spark plug wires running to them?. Don?.....Don?....OUCH...no officer I know him, really."

Added a link to the lower mask identification thread. first post.

I wish we could take this to completion. Either all have put the project on hold(like me) or had custom parts made or have not stopped by to share new findings. either way let us know what your doing with your project guys.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back