ROTS Obi-wan and Anakin lightsaber Project (OWK preview on pg 11)

Been subbed for a while waiting for news on these, your other projects on your channel are fantastic as well, Halliwax! Is the Anakin this far along and are these still going to be a set? Has the resin pommel idea for the Obi been scrapped after the shop screwed it up? ( I might still want one of the botched ones if that's possible) I'm still in no matter what day one XD Can Not Wait! Keep being awesome and uploading as many pics as you can while you do it!
The set has been split up. I'm doing the OWK sabers first on their own, then the Anakin. I need to recoup some funds first to invest in the next round of machining.

The resin chrome pommels for scrapped unfortunately because the castings we're done poorly and gas release after playing causing the chrome to bubble. The shop refused to fix the product and screwed me out of multiple thousands of dollars. After that I had to do metal pommels. (Based off of measurements taken from my original and very accurate).

I tried to find another shop that could reliability do the pommels in chrome resin, but every one looked like it was another money pit and I couldn't keep pouring good money after bad.

But in the end, the aluminum in pommels look great and are actually more accurate to the LFA saber MR examined and the PS saber. So, it's a win ... From a certain point of view ;)

The set has been split up. I'm doing the OWK sabers first on their own, then the Anakin. I need to recoup some funds first to invest in the next round of machining.

The resin chrome pommels for scrapped unfortunately because the castings we're done poorly and gas release after playing causing the chrome to bubble. The shop refused to fix the product and screwed me out of multiple thousands of dollars. After that I had to do metal pommels. (Based off of measurements taken from my original and very accurate).

I tried to find another shop that could reliability do the pommels in chrome resin, but every one looked like it was another money pit and I couldn't keep pouring good money after bad.

But in the end, the aluminum in pommels look great and are actually more accurate to the LFA saber MR examined and the PS saber. So, it's a win ... From a certain point of view ;)
I am so excited for this hilt, and can not wait until we get the Anakin to go along with it.

It came together wicked good man, and I’m so glad you didn’t scrap the whole project.

Job well done

So happy that all this work is going to be realized. It really is depressing to have to shelve a whole project over someone else’s mistake.

And don’t worry, my pocketbook will be sore for a little while, but I think the community is more than ready to help you recoup some funds!

2F457FC9-E4E5-4A38-B023-3928E78B7F7D (1).png
1593FFDA-C6D8-4E61-ACCA-BF2EF3952817.png
6205EE44-8C3E-4D19-8A29-226CF9410D3A.png
6A636E15-BA89-4EAF-9B65-1D8CE6C3863F.png

A6B9805D-17B9-4AEF-929D-F5DFB1AD0F00.png

The Obi-Wan prequel excitement with your other run got me excited about this. Any updates on potential plans of releasing the run?

Can’t wait to see these in person.

... Like wise, with the Obi-wan saber it looks like there were some that had metal emitters, but cast and plated control boxes and pommels. (I think that's why when MR did their version of the saber, they featured a raw aluminum emitter part but a chrome plated pommel and control box--to replicate the original mixed material construction).
As a side note, I've noticed that some of the MR OWK ROTS have raw aluminum emitters, while others have chromed emitters. See below (left, chrome; right, raw metal). Note that these two MR OWK are otherwise identical.

IMG_1876.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back