ROTS Obi-wan and Anakin lightsaber Project (OWK preview on pg 11)

I think the black on the card looks more pronounced in the SW.com photo then it was on the saber MR referenced. But, here's a better comparison. My clamp cards are laser etched brass, as I believe the originals were
compare.jpg

You can see here. The circles are pretty darn close to the edge

Last edited:
I'm making a bunch in the Lucasfilm Archives configuration (as I've shown) and a bunch in the propstore configuration with a darker neck, control box flipped, and satin grenade. Once I have them all built and packaged I'll list the different options on my website atstarsend.com and put them up for sale.

View attachment 1603276
View attachment 1603277
View attachment 1603278
View attachment 1603279

Here is the OWK with the static emitter option (there will also be a FX option)
This one copies the Original prop saber MR referenced for their replica. Which you can see on Star Wars online

The control box is chrome plated resin cast from an original part. The rest of the saber is aluminum(except the control box card and covertec) and has been painted to match the original. Glossy grenade, satin booster. The neck is a 4 part paint process. It is hollow and can accept electronics. Sound vents under the pommel when the pommel is reoriented and a small gap between booster and pommel is exposed.

Although it is possible to FX this piece. It really is designed to be a static display piece that preserves the details of the original prop, warts and all.
Wow. This looks absolutely amazing. You have outdone yourself.

I think the black on the card looks more pronounced in the SW.com photo then it was on the saber MR referenced. But, here's a better comparison. My clamp cards are laser etched brass, as I believe the originals were
View attachment 1603285

You can see here. The circles are pretty darn close to the edge
Their lines still seem thicker or darker, but your definitely right on the circles, I see that now.

Any hints when these will drop? I don’t want to miss out after all this time :lol:

Looks great!
So the windvane section is painted VS anodized? ( Im trying to remember if this is what you were referencing last we chatted).

Doesn’t matter, it’s a great and natural looking choice.

0CFE7EC9-1E2E-4CFC-8825-D9D5DAAC9507.jpeg

This photo set felt more matte to me: would you say in your opinion (having your artist proof in hand) that it’s more a matter of lighting or age/weathering.

Worst case scenario I imagine a very light buffing or matte topcoat would suffice if these photos were being specifically matched.

it looks incredible! We are so spoiled as a community to have people like you/your team of geeks :D

threaded rod construction, or do the parts lock together somehow?

Been subbed for a while waiting for news on these, your other projects on your channel are fantastic as well, Halliwax! Is the Anakin this far along and are these still going to be a set? Has the resin pommel idea for the Obi been scrapped after the shop screwed it up? ( I might still want one of the botched ones if that's possible) I'm still in no matter what day one XD Can Not Wait! Keep being awesome and uploading as many pics as you can while you do it!

Been subbed for a while waiting for news on these, your other projects on your channel are fantastic as well, Halliwax! Is the Anakin this far along and are these still going to be a set? Has the resin pommel idea for the Obi been scrapped after the shop screwed it up? ( I might still want one of the botched ones if that's possible) I'm still in no matter what day one XD Can Not Wait! Keep being awesome and uploading as many pics as you can while you do it!
I don’t want to speak for starkiller, but things are moving right along. I’ll let him update everyone, I don’t want to step on any toes

But I am wicked excited for his future projects, he’s got a lot finishing up at the same time

Also I appreciate your support! Thanks for the sub!! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back