ROTJ ROJ BG Dornean Gunship Kit ID's help

FOUND IT!!

Rj_bgshippartID7.jpg

It's from the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312B

Now if anyone can help me out with these two parts let me know. A nice cast will be fine to.

Hah, yeah, 'tis true, ive looked over sprues so many times that DO hold the parts i need, only to toss them back in the box in a huff lol.

Wish Tamiya would re re that kit though (312b) id love a couple more, but todays prices are scary.

lee

I can get you those parts if no one else has. I've been raiding an incomplete 312b kit for a custom scratchbuild, and have already glued these on, but I can pop 'em off and slap something else on. A SS model would be a better home for them. ;)

I can get you those parts if no one else has. I've been raiding an incomplete 312b kit for a custom scratchbuild, and have already glued these on, but I can pop 'em off and slap something else on. A SS model would be a better home for them. ;)

If your selling any other parts from your incomplete 312B kit Jay, just let me know, I would be happy to buy a couple of parts I need !

Just found these, they're from the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4. Now I'm kinda wondering which one they used.
Anyone know where to find a kitscan of the 312T4? Maybe they used more parts.

Rj_bgshippartID8.jpg

The more I look at the 312T4, the more I think they are the right parts. See this comparison.

Rj_bgshippartID9.jpg

Last edited:
The T4 looks correct. Look at the faint dimple above the shadow you pointed out...the kit part has the same dimple.

Also you can barely make it out but it looks like the peg on the lower left corner of the other cylinder head is present as well.

Makes sense since this model was used alot on other ROTJ models.

You guys rock!

Joe

Was finally able to obtain the Revell Truck and added the bumper and grill to the front. I did end up trimming the sides down a bit on the grill to help make it fit better. It sure does change how the front end looks a bit.

Still need to clean it up a bit, get rid of the extra glue blobs...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back