ROTJ - Rebel Limpet Mine (Used in Endor Bunker)

I'm thinking camera equipment, probably a part for a lighting setup...looks like part of a connector at the end.

still looking , I have old torch bottoms that look similar but they are metal..same shape. I am sending images to a friend that is a long time photographer to see if it looks like something from camera equipment..the search continues

I would love to add one of these to collection.

I did a search and found a kit coming out soon:
www.TK560.com Available Stuff Page

However, I would like something more detailed. Preferably machined with machined pieces.

There was a real nice one built years ago for the ASAP/Dewback Wing "Rebel Hardware Competition". You can see it is entry #2 located here.

This could have been the one Rayra did as mentioned earlier but I am not for sure. There were no names listed on the competition site as not to sway any voting.

I'm thinking camera equipment

Me too, Looks like a developers Tool.

like this a safelight
patersonoriginallamp.jpg

Could even be that light thingy on top of this thing
beseler-mx-condensor.jpg

Or maybe the tank you use to develop film into

shop_unitank.jpg

I've got ones I can't get rid of...

What is the going rate of such an item?

I keep looking at the main body and it reminds me of some sort of motor housing. Some searches I came up with makes me think the motor may run a small fan (like the back of a desk fan or one for a vacuum cleaner) which is why it might flair our like that.

If you want one, give me your address and I'll mail it to you.:lol

What is the going rate of such an item?

I keep looking at the main body and it reminds me of some sort of motor housing. Some searches I came up with makes me think the motor may run a small fan (like the back of a desk fan or one for a vacuum cleaner) which is why it might flair our like that.

Does anyone know if any dimensions estimates exist. Since it is know that photomultiplier dynode plates are used and those items size's are known. Wouldn't some one with good modeling software be able to figure out height and diameter (assuming the 2 photomultiplier dynode plates are an equal distance from each other)?

Looking at it, reminds me of a magnetic flashing beacon, hence the "hub" in the centre, could have been a aperture for the bulb?

Have to add, there are a lot of close items out there.....wouldnt say no to building one though.

lee

It looks a lot like a fire alarm klaxxon from where I'm sitting, modified of course, but in those side by side shots, I can easily see them taking a klaxxon, adding some interior lights, and making it look sci-fi ish.

Finding the one they used however, would be the issue. Scrapping the alarm portion of the innards would leave room for whatever light fixtures would be necessary.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back