Ronon Dex Particle Magnum

MolochSim

Hi everyone. I have been lurking on here for quite some time and this is my first post.

I am working on a replica of the Particle Magnum blaster used by Ronon Dex in Stargate: Atlantis. It will be made mostly from foam and thin plastic sheets. I hope to post some progress soon. I took my time working on the blueprints, trying to get them very accurate, because I couldn't find any online.

So, I am looking for a bit of advice on how to make the indentations on the front of the blaster. I was thinking of making a straight recess and then filling in the endings using some kind of filler to shape the endings. This seems like a lot of work and any mistake would probably mean starting over on the part. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this differently? Thanks, I would appreciate any help and input. :)

IMG_1940.JPG

Thank you, I never used those bits before, but I will give it a shot. It might be tricky to find one that is similar enough in size to use. Though I guess if it is smaller, I could do it in a few passes and it should turn out ok.

Thanks, I am currently working on the main body and I will have some photos to post later this week, hopefully. :)
I have considered it. I will see how it turns out first and maybe work on refining it before I think about molding it.

So, I am posting two photos taken last week. I had a bit of a problem with the pvc pipe curving slightly, but I mostly fixed it. Now I am doing details on the main body, such as the sloping sides from the thicker area above the trigger. Once that is done, I will do another layer or two of resin and make the inside cutouts for the wiring and LEDs. The grip sides have now been primed and I will post them as soon as they are painted. :)

Last edited:
Hi! When You have marked out the slots ,using the correct sized drill bit make a hole each end of the slot and then cut two straight lines to connect them. This will save using a router.There used to be a kit for that weapon on E-Bay.

Hey I've been working on a full aluminium particle magnum with full working lights and wondering if anyone would be interested in them to my knowledge there are only 2 of them in the world one own by Jason himself and the second by a nice guy who bought the second one I have finished my own one so now I own the third and thinking of selling them and wanted to get the thought of some people if there is interest I can post some photos soon

hey alright this photo is from a couple of days ago the handle on this is not the final handle just one so you can see how it will all fit and the head is a resin one from the resin replica there is no electronics yet plan to do them tomorrow.it will be constructed the same as the original prop to halves held by small hex screws on the other side the paint job on this sis amazing but sadly dosnt show that well in photos but you get the idea the trigger has been done in the photo it was still rough ill try get some better photos soonIMG_2945.JPG

Hey guys so I've ran into abit of trouble I'm starting with electronics in my blaster and I want to have a master switch , 3 switches to control 3 different coloured led green red yellow and the I want a fourth led in the cell and 3 laser diodes connected to a pressure switch on The trigger and all connected to a power suppl in the handle here is a little diagram

I saw that I actually sent a email I'm interested in the electronics if you'd are willing to sell some of the components I'm actually planning on doing a complete version on the mill and I wanted some electronics on the one I've made the chamber removes and powers up but I'm very interested in sound and what not

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back