Rogue One Vader costume

Seemed like predictable reactionary responses to some rather dismissive comments that preceded them, rather than some sort of unprovoked insult. :popcorn

Before being dismissed as a "fan boy" who didn't know anything, I thought he'd made a pretty good point about the significance of the Mustafar Vader/Krennic conversation. Hadn't remembered those details.

I dont know, but hilarious non the less.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I know they didnt use anything from Gino. But they could have altered a GH or a 20thC Dome from someone else. The facemask came from someone that is very well known and respected here in the RPF, I'm just not sure it has been revealed yet.

God now im just anxious..... is it a Ugly or Quasi?
Seriously just PM me and tell me. I won't tell even the person who made it.

Who have I insulted and who have I lectured? This is a public forum not a private club. I did read somewhere that Brian Muir designed the Rogue One Vader mask. Who on here has stated otherwise?

I didn't want to intervene in this discussion, because I laughed my ass off long enough by just reading some posts here. But you need to remember that RPF is in fact a private forum, owned by someone here, and he allows us to play in his playground as long as we behave accordingly. So behave, or you might encounter a surprise soon.

God now im just anxious..... is it a Ugly or Quasi?
Seriously just PM me and tell me. I won't tell even the person who made it.

Interesting. And if it is from Mac it begs the question why a modded ESB as most people hypothesise, why not a Quasi/Ugly ANH which would have fitted the bill perfectly. Not saying I have any problem with the actual R1 helmet, just interesting.

On the Sith Lords forum, (EFX PCR helmet thread) someone put a spacer under the dome of an EFX, lifting the widows peak up and away from the brows a small amount. Looks like a R1 version big time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic? I can't access that forum.

35edd0bc86b99f24bde804947b94a6e5.jpg
c34cbe14afd6b9cff3861afb036cc546.jpg
b2cf43221aa47fbefe5f184a5529dac5.jpg

Im hoping its ok to post someone elses pics on this forum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I didn't want to intervene in this discussion, because I laughed my ass off long enough by just reading some posts here. But you need to remember that RPF is in fact a private forum, owned by someone here, and he allows us to play in his playground as long as we behave accordingly. So behave, or you might encounter a surprise soon.
Ooooooooooooo

I will now start archiving these posts so the mods can take notice. They can see that this won't get edited. You will probably edit them to be kinder than they were, if you're smart enough.

He got it from a more reliable source than you, that's for CERTAIN.
Like who then? Is it some kind of top-secret government info? I read on quite a few websites that Brian Muir made/sculpted the Rogue One Vader helmet/mask. You can go here to learn more: http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/original-darth-vader-sculptor-begins-work-on-star-wars-rogue-one/

Note the date on the article you posted- I think it's been confirmed that Brian Muir DID do some sort of work on the film but I don't know if any of it had to do with Vader. Given what people here are saying it seems safe to assume the helmet wasn't his doing.

The unfortunate fact (for curious people, anyway) is that most of the time when information like this gets shared publicly at all, we aren't going to find out the exact source. Ever. Many times there are agreements of some sort (NDAs) that are supposed to prevent some behind the scenes information from becoming public. Just the way of things.

Essentially, you're right that some of the speculation leading up to the film's release had to do with Muir working on the film, but I think in the end the assumption from some sites that he would be in charge of Vader turned out not to be accurate.

Can you post a pic? I can't access that forum.
That was me, and yes I'm ok with those pictures being used :)

The spacer is 3d printed, dimensions are 3"x1" and it fits ok. If I knew how to 3d model I'd print a better one that fits the mask side better, and I'd make it step up so the helmet isn't as loose as the spacer made it. It's connected still but I wouldn't wear it in costume without a few changes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I will now start archiving these posts so the mods can take notice. They can see that this won't get edited. You will probably edit them to be kinder than they were, if you're smart enough.

He got it from a more reliable source than you, that's for CERTAIN.

You can skip over and quit responding to this posts.

That was me, and yes I'm ok with those pictures being used :)

The spacer is 3d printed, dimensions are 3"x1" and it fits ok. If I knew how to 3d model I'd print a better one that fits the mask side better, and I'd make it step up so the helmet isn't as loose as the spacer made it. It's connected still but I wouldn't wear it in costume without a few changes.

Nice. Can you take some pics from 6' away?

The pics posted are from 6' and zoomed in. I used my phone, I won't be able to take more until I get back into town in two ish months.

Here is another, they might be at 5.5 feet or so, but I did my best to get to 6 lol
And here is he top of the mask that isn't flat so you can see what I meant.
c7fd5441fabe6d57daac49bd8c1cf496.jpg
a64286a9dbda8a89c11b66a806c2c3b0.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back