Rogue One ticket sale date

Me & my son booked for 15th in the same cinema I saw the SE's,....PT & TFA,.....Moviehouse Dublin Road, Belfast.....previously the MGM cinema,....booked 2D

Looking forward to it

J

Me & my son booked for 15th in the same cinema I saw the SE's,....PT & TFA,.....Moviehouse Dublin Road, Belfast.....previously the MGM cinema,....booked 2D

Looking forward to it

J
Booked mine for the first viewing on the 15th as well. Super pumped for the viewing!

Alex

Gotta love how I got this notification on Sunday, nearly eighteen hours after tickets went on sale. :)

image.jpeg

The demand isn't anywhere near TFA, there are still plenty of seats available throughout the weekend.

Gotta love how I got this notification on Sunday, nearly eighteen hours after tickets went on sale. :)

View attachment 686871

The demand isn't anywhere near TFA, there are still plenty of seats available throughout the weekend.

i noticed that as well with my theater. just for giggles i checked if my seat was taken (J5 and J6) center seat, last row (i have to sit closest to the entrance) and sure enough they were open, and only i cant even say 1/4 of the seats taken...

i sure hope this doesnt back fire on disney

i sure hope this doesnt back fire on disney

I doubt it. They don't expect TFA numbers. What they really want is a well-reviewed/received movie that keeps the stand alone viability of the Star Wars universe intact. Something with word of mouth along the lines of a BVS will not make them happy even if it makes a billion.
I'm thinking a 400+ domestic and 750ish worldwide in terms of box office on the low end. I've heard good things from inside LFL regarding this movie. I hope that's the case.

I think the marketing for RO has been spot on. They've established the main characters , the places , and the links to the SW universe very well, but with minimal information as to how the script manages to pull it all together ,so the overall mystery about the story is preserved but enough of the groundwork has been done to keep people very interested.
And perhaps even more so than TFA, RO really does promise that journey back to galaxy a longtime ago so far,far away (nearly forty years for a few of us!!!) whilst cleverly making it more relevant to the more recent canon, such as the prequels and TV series.
That kind of generational bridging is almost unheard of ,but it means there is a massive range of ages across whole families that are likely interested in going to see this. And lets face it who does not want to see Vader REALLY going at it in full sith combat mode (I hope).

What they really want is a well-reviewed/received movie that keeps the stand alone viability of the Star Wars universe intact. Something with word of mouth along the lines of a BVS will not make them happy even if it makes a billion.

They might say that. They might even believe that.

But box office performance always dominates the studio's memory about the picture's quality. Always.

I doubt it. They don't expect TFA numbers. What they really want is a well-reviewed/received movie that keeps the stand alone viability of the Star Wars universe intact. Something with word of mouth along the lines of a BVS will not make them happy even if it makes a billion.
I'm thinking a 400+ domestic and 750ish worldwide in terms of box office on the low end. I've heard good things from inside LFL regarding this movie. I hope that's the case.
I would think the problem probably is that people who thought it was episode 8 (hopefully nobody here) now realize it isn't and aren't excited about it anymore.

Alex

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back