ROGUE ONE - rebel comlinks idea-thread

I was looking out for this prop when seeing it the second time, and took note that it lit up, specifically around the darker grey areas in the picture division 6 put up. I believe it also shows through at the top. So that dark grey part may be some sort of semi-clear epoxy that they put in there to keep the top piece attached, as well as transmit light to the sides, and the top.

i really wish we had better photos of this prop... i love watching the effecting going into decoding the origin of this thing

Looking for something else I found that the PLCE belt is 57mm - 2 1/4" wide.
Making the comlink about 4 3/4" tall with a 1" dia main cylinder.

The 3 prongs on the top are part of a plate that the top ring is attached to.
These bend down around the mic mesh and go into the body below it.
comlink details 1.jpg

IMG_2669.JPGFrom the Gatwick airport display. Not screen used piece likely recast. In my research I heard second-hand to the propmaster that these were scratch build.

From those textured lines in the main body tube that piece from the Gatwick airport display looks almost 3d printed and they just didn't do a good job cleaning it up.

hahaha. Well i think its a little off still but its hard looking at the photos posted here. different angles and light makes it look different in the photos.

I still think it is a found item. Probably an old vintage small microphone similar to this one:

il_340x270.731019963_cwdl.jpg

This is a vintage harmonica microphone.

il_340x270.731019963_cwdl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back