ROGUE ONE - rebel comlinks idea-thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SteakSauce

I was looking out for this prop when seeing it the second time, and took note that it lit up, specifically around the darker grey areas in the picture division 6 put up. I believe it also shows through at the top. So that dark grey part may be some sort of semi-clear epoxy that they put in there to keep the top piece attached, as well as transmit light to the sides, and the top.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i really wish we had better photos of this prop... i love watching the effecting going into decoding the origin of this thing

division 6

Master Member
Looking for something else I found that the PLCE belt is 57mm - 2 1/4" wide.
Making the comlink about 4 3/4" tall with a 1" dia main cylinder.

division 6

Master Member
The 3 prongs on the top are part of a plate that the top ring is attached to.
These bend down around the mic mesh and go into the body below it.
comlink details 1.jpg

Hunterdisarm

IMG_2669.JPG From the Gatwick airport display. Not screen used piece likely recast. In my research I heard second-hand to the propmaster that these were scratch build.

Predatormv

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
From those textured lines in the main body tube that piece from the Gatwick airport display looks almost 3d printed and they just didn't do a good job cleaning it up.

mattnelson521

hahaha. Well i think its a little off still but its hard looking at the photos posted here. different angles and light makes it look different in the photos.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I still think it is a found item. Probably an old vintage small microphone similar to this one:

il_340x270.731019963_cwdl.jpg

This is a vintage harmonica microphone.

il_340x270.731019963_cwdl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.