ROGUE ONE - Jyn Erso "Imperial Ground Crew" disguise

I used velcro on the C-3PO feet parts on the last one I worked on.
It worked fairly well.

Sewing it on will keep it in place, just watch for flex points so nothing pinches your feet.

A better close-up of the costume I've made. That was the shooting test before the event.

DSC00159.JPGDSC00158.JPG

Awesome build, all the details listed throughout the thread are very useful so thank you everyone!
On a side note, I was sad to see (or not see..) that beautiful shot from the trailer that's at the top of this thread- where Jyn is in the disguise, centre of the shot framed by the circular lights - was missing. Or was I just blind?

Awesome build, all the details listed throughout the thread are very useful so thank you everyone!
On a side note, I was sad to see (or not see..) that beautiful shot from the trailer that's at the top of this thread- where Jyn is in the disguise, centre of the shot framed by the circular lights - was missing. Or was I just blind?

No you're not. Many shot of the trailer were erased in this movie. Some character quotes miss also. But I will not say which one... spoiler.

Well this is the progress I could get done for the premiere since I got very little time to work on all of my hobbies but im quite pleased, gonna take my time to do good work of the chest armor tho (im Kylo and my girl is Jyn btw hehe)

PS: I was expecting more of Jyn in this outfit, a good 40% of the trailers didn't really made it to the final edit I guess....

IMG_7810.JPGIMG_7800.JPG

Well this is the progress I could get done for the premiere since I got very little time to work on all of my hobbies but im quite pleased, gonna take my time to do good work of the chest armor tho (im Kylo and my girl is Jyn btw hehe)

PS: I was expecting more of Jyn in this outfit, a good 40% of the trailers didn't really made it to the final edit I guess....

View attachment 690998View attachment 690999

It's beautiful!! So well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ROGUE ONE - Jyn Erso "Imperial Ground Crew" disguise

when you say he has this costume do you mean a replica of this costume or the real deal ?

if it is supposed to be based off the tie pilot greeblies i don't think the real part is a snap fastener ?

View attachment 688240

I've received the snap fastener, I think you are right about that greeblie. The one on the top seems to be the accurate one on Jyn's armor. I think we need more pics of it, but after seeing the movie, the snap look different. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work Kendra! You look great!
Thanks! It's not yet finished. I have someone working on the helmet :)

Little update on my progress as well.
Boots are done! We used the 3D file my friend created and attached them to the Frye Veronica's I bought. They are black but are faded so I can take some dye remover to make them look more like Jyn's. Flaps were hand stitched to the boots and then kept in place with a snap hidden under the leather.
IMG_0655[1].JPG IMG_0700[1].JPG
I found someone doing a build on the armor and he is currently taking orders. Here is the preliminary photo he sent me. If you are interested, he is JawaChopShop on Facebook. :)
15681816_1472742046088368_1041265223_o.jpg

I pinned down the area on the flightsuit where the panels are and will be sewing them and then attaching them this weekend. Yay for Christmas break! I had a question though. It's hard to see but I believe the upper pockets (the ones where you would put your hands) are also not on the suit. Is that correct? Can anyone else confirm before I remove them? Also, it looked like Jyn's flightsuit does not have the elastic around the waist so was going to remove that from my suit as well. What does everyone else think?

Kyber crystal has also been purchased and it appears that it has "Trust the Force" etched onto it in Arabesh. I may be just using a sharpie to add it to my crystal but its a great detail!

Breast pockets are zippered and angled.
Refer to the drawing I posted earlier.

Not sure how far down they go.
Standard US flight suit breast pocket is 9"x4" with the lower part of the zipper at 6".

Hi all,
I’ve been working on modeling in 3D some of the hard parts from this costume for someone else and wanted to share them with the rest of you guys too. I have modeled the Chest and Back plates, and while I was at it I have also done the wands as they are quite a straight-forward model. I certainly don’t pretend for perfection, but at least I think I got most of the details down.
31251070073_7f57d4e66a_o.jpg

31251067803_635a0f6420_h.jpg

31220167024_8f15b430f6_h.jpg

31943457311_c5c15b168b_o.jpg

31251075753_0b555b3cbc_o.jpg

Mannequin below is 5’2” tall (1m60).
31913131172_e22cbfe26e_h.jpg

Below is 5'11" (1m79).
31953519872_d7d08a5f01_b.jpg

The chest plate is sized after the side buckle “found part”. That means it hasn’t been sized specifically for a woman or a man, it’s been scaled to be about the same size than the movie prop. That said, I’m not entirely confident about my modeling, and think I might have done the chestplate narrower than what it should be. So if you’re a larger man/woman, you might want to consider upscaling the chest and back plates first. But also keep in mind that the inside of both the chest and back plates need to be filled with foam before wearing.

The wand parts are designed to be slid around a PVC pipe for increased strength. The PVC pipe needed should have an outer diameter of 20mm (approx. 3/4in), and be 400mm long (approx. 15 3/4in). I haven’t designed anything particular to house electronics into them as I don’t feel like they did any for the screen-used ones.
31220367414_1f8c9064c4_b.jpg

Depending on the size of your printer’s printed, you will probably need to slice the biggest parts into several smaller pieces, but I leave that to you. Some people will want the parts into one piece, some sliced into several… I just can’t comply with everyone, and don’t want to bother trying.

Also the files don’t include the shoulder straps and side straps as those need to be flexible and adapted to the wearer’s morphology. In my opinion it’s better to just do them out of leather, high-density foam or else. They also don’t include the greeblies from the pilot TIE chest box; best to just grab some machined in aluminum instead. Side buckles aren’t included either as here too you’ll be better getting real ones, or resin copies cast from a real one.
31686318870_1e05d4fafe_b.jpg

R1 Imperial Technician

Now the lame part. Those 3D files might be available for free, they are for personal use ONLY. I do NOT give anyone permission to reuse any of them in order to create copies, whether it’s through molding and casting, vacuum forming, or else.
Thanks for respecting that.

T5H.

Last edited:
Wow! Awesome work on this 3D stuff. Glad to see the Tech getting some love. It's definitely on my to-do list, and these files will definitely help out on my personal build!

the panels look like separate pieces.
The top part is attached differently than the bottom.

The bottom is clearly added on the outside where the top looks like it's smooth until it pleats in.
View attachment 690744

The narrow edge you've listed as panel edge above the waist is the top stitched pockets, that's why the lines don't line up - the belt is pulling everything in. The panel runs all the way up and the pockets are on the side. You can see the pockets more easily in the visual guide looking at the male tec.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back