Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

I was talking about this with a friend of mine and thought I'd bring it up here..

I assume the new trilogy will feature the classic SW opening and crawl, but do you think the anthology and spin off films will include it? Do you think they should to keep in tradition or would it be a good opportunity to try something new?

Notice the one pic where they are obviously filming a scene where some troops are laying on the ground with their helmets OFF??

OT TROOPS ARE NOT CLONES! CANNON!!!

HAHA!!!

A tad larger pics here: http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/08/new-photos-from-the-rogue-one-set.html

Cool to have the classic and iconic Stormtrooper back for a movie. This will be great!! :cool
Though the Stormtrooper in the right seems to have a diamond knee plate (seen on Sandies) and regular TK armor.

I was talking about this with a friend of mine and thought I'd bring it up here..

I assume the new trilogy will feature the classic SW opening and crawl, but do you think the anthology and spin off films will include it? Do you think they should to keep in tradition or would it be a good opportunity to try something new?

I always liked when video games and what not from the EU had the opening crawl. I would vote in favor of it.

Notice the one pic where they are obviously filming a scene where some troops are laying on the ground with their helmets OFF??

HAHA!!!

oh, no, here we go... ;) I think it's 100% we will see ST without helmets in this movie, it's going to be character driven focusing on both sides.

HAHA!!!

Lucas said SOME are clones. Canon.

I should have said he meant OT Stormtroopers, not post ROTJ Stormtroopers.

Last edited:

I would prefer not to have it. Definitely for the main saga, but for the anthology films they should be allowed a bit of freedom. I like the clone wars intro with the newsreel recap.

One thing I HATE is how both rebels and the clone wars have a slight variation on the star wars theme. I think I would appreciate it if the films stick with John Williams musical cues

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Lucas said SOME are clones. Canon.

Not canon -- interview. :p Canon would have been if it were explicitly stated or shown one way or the other in one of the six films or the Clone Wars or Rebels TV series. LFL gave Lucas' opinion more weight and consideration than anyone else's, prior to the sale, but unless and until it appeared on the screen, it was still only a possibility. Note how it went from twelve films to nine to three to six over the course of twenty years, depending on when you asked him. Given how often he's contraticted himself, I would automatically not trust anything he said on any matter until it shows up somewhere in the new canon.

I should have said he meant OT Stormtroopers, not post ROTJ Stormtroopers.

Well, since we're talking about a movie that takes place immediately prior to ANH, we're talking OT. ;)

I'm hoping that, like the comics and video games, they have an opening crawl, but make it clear it's not an Episode.

--Jonah

i say no crawl.

I personally think that the intro should be all new and different.

But my money is on crawl...

I have a feeling they'll go with the opening crawl to stay safe, but I think its a good opportunity to try something new.

I love seeing the OT TKs back in action! I might be looking forward to this movie even more than I am looking forward to Force Awakens.

And I'll bet that ANOVOS is providing some of the costumes to the "Anthologies" movies.

Logically, it makes sense:
- The film productions need large numbers of film-quality (obviously) TK armor.
- Unlike when the previous films were being made, there is actually a company that makes film-quality, licensed Star Wars costumes (ANOVOS).
- These films are on the fast track, production-wise. Disney is rushing to crank them out to meet their announced release schedule. So they would be more likely to buy existing kits or pay an outside company (ANOVOS) to make kits for them, than to bother having their in-house costumers make them.
- It would also benefit ANOVOS because the prep work they put into setting up production on the TK kits could then be used to make the TK kits they sell to us, the consumers.
- Being sidetracked by a big film production would probably account for SOME of the delays we have been seeing from ANOVOS.

In fact, if you look at the ANOVOS offerings in their Star Wars line, as well as what they had on display at Comic-Con, I betcha they are making more than just TK kits for these OT-era films. It would make sense for the production staff for these films to get ANOVOS to produce all sorts of uniforms that would be seen in the backgrounds or on extras in large quantities.
- ANOVOS has Imperial Officers uniforms in development, TIE pilots, and they had an AT-AT driver at SDCC.
- If Rogue One is using OT TK armor, then they are probably using OT Imperial Officers as well as TIE pilots. And they would probably also use ANOVOS OT X-Wing pilots, as well as Y-Wing pilots (the prototype of which was on display at the ANOVOS booth at SDCC).
- In fact, ANOVOS wouldn't need to be much beyond prototype stage with their Y-Wing helmets in order to provide helmets to a film production. A film production would only want unfinished helmet kits, or blank helmets, so they could then customize and weather them as they see fit. It is only we, the consumers, who want finished pieces.

What does this mean for us:
If my guess is correct, then this means when we buy certain ANOVOS costumes (TK kit for certain, possibly some Rebel or Imperial pilots, or even officers, and who knows what else), they will be more than just the top-quality reproductions we all know and expect from ANOVOS. They will basically be the closest thing you can get to a production-made costume. For those of us who want the best, most accurate costume reproductions, this is the holy grail!

DISCLAIMER:
This is just a guess on my part, but it all makes sense to me, and I will be surprised if I end up being wrong about it.
My guess is made based purely on publicly available information. I WISH I had inside knowledge, but then I would probably be employed by either DISNEY or ANOVOS, in which case I would be subject to an NDA, and I wouldn't be posting here.
If you want the real story, you should ask GotMaul, but if my guess is correct then I doubt he would answer because anyone associated with Star Wars would be under NDA. Though I assume he would be free to talk about it after the movie comes out.
There are fewer than 500 days left until Rogue One comes out, so I guess I'll find out then whether I am right or wrong!

I would think that at some point between ep three and four the empire would have to take in non-clone troops to make up the numbers they'd need,but that's not to say the clones would be replaced entirely I'd expect for certain loyalty above all uses the clones would still be useful i.e. commandos,Vader's personal unit and the like.

I think it would be awesome to have an older temura Morrison pull his helmet off... Maybe not even mention it. Just have one of the troops be obviously a near outdated older clone amongst the ranks.

People holding on to the "all troops are clones" thing really blow my mind.

But I'm down for some of them still being clones (esp in the pre ANH rogue 1 era) I think it would be pretty cool!

One thing I HATE is how both rebels and the clone wars have a slight variation on the star wars theme.

I would argue that not using Star Wars music for something like Clone Wars is basically blasphemy

Of course even the stand alone films should open with a crawl.

Something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, nice cast. I love Mads Mikkelsen. I'd think he'd make an excellent Imperial...

I also noticed the "Hoth Rebel Trooper" backpack, except in black, in the lower right corner of the cast pic. Nice little nod there...

I think that chick in the center was the secret agent in wayward pines...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also looks like the guy sitting to Felicity Jones' right is wearing an Imperial (pilot?) jumpsuit...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back