Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Classic Star Wars feel, updated movie style and presence... Damn! This just looks and feels great! Love the tone that was set. A little darker, and weightier.... just BAD*SS!!!

Mad props for how they put the trailer together. The cinematography of the film is just epic. Worthy of being part of the SW Universe.
Can't wait for this to drop. So cool.

While it does look great, and hopefully more original than episode 7..

R1 and Ep 7 and Rebels are STILL disney kind of playing it safe with throwbacks.

I swear the last vader shot was in a carbon freezing chamber.

Its kinda sad to see this knowing the long run of the story, that even after all they go through, even with the rise of Luke and the fall of Vader, the Empire still goes on in the form of the First Order, and who knows for how long.

I'm so ****ing excited for this movie, I can't stand it! This could be a real game-changer for the SW universe.

No Jedi? Whaaaat? No "Chosen One"? WHAT?!

Maybe this will show people that we don't have to have "6 Degrees of Anakin Skywalker" to be an actual Star Wars movie and people will STFU about trying to make Finn related on Windu or Lando!

During the shot of the Director explaing the "Power" of the Death Star, all I could do was flashback to the conference room scene of Ep. 4.
Gonna crack up out loud in movie if the Big Guy replies back with the same retort.

I'm so ****ing excited for this movie, I can't stand it! This could be a real game-changer for the SW universe.

No Jedi? Whaaaat? No "Chosen One"? WHAT?!

Maybe this will show people that we don't have to have "6 Degrees of Anakin Skywalker" to be an actual Star Wars movie and people will STFU about trying to make Finn related on Windu or Lando!

We've dealt with non jedi stories for a long time in the EU.

Sadly, the movie verse and TV verse hasn't really had the chance yet to expand beyond that trope.

- - - Updated - - -

Its kinda sad to see this knowing the long run of the story, that even after all they go through, even with the rise of Luke and the fall of Vader, the Empire still goes on in the form of the First Order, and who knows for how long.

Even in the EU, the Empire was still around, all be it known as the REmnant.

They where in the process of merging with the rebels in a final peace process before they reset everything. it was a nice evolution, minus making Dalla all nice and good.

We've dealt with non jedi stories for a long time in the EU.

Sadly, the movie verse and TV verse hasn't really had the chance yet to expand beyond that trope.

Yes, and those are some of my favorite stories. I'm very excited to see that they're open to exploring that more in the movies.

Yay!!!

2qnuom1.jpg

Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo on twitter says it's a gift now that he can point to the new Vader shot when people gripe about his inner cloak being under the armor, because it's running over the armor like ANH in that shot.

Last edited:
I was mistaken. It was that stupid 4 wing landing shuttle. (around 2:05) and unless I'm mistaken, they used the first order landing craft for the main hull

jyn in prison,fallen jedi statue, at-st hunting them down in the ally, jynns father officially announced he created the death star, more rebels!! and vader coming out of the mist... i know i said i wasn't feeling this before. now i am totally psyched!!! can not wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did y'all see the corvettes and Nebulon B way back in one of the space battle shots?

Is it me, or are x-wing cockpits a lot roomier now?

jyn in prison,fallen jedi statue, at-st hunting them down in the ally, jynns father officially announced he created the death star, more rebels!! and vader coming out of the mist... i know i said i wasn't feeling this before. now i am totally psyched!!! can not wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to remember... didn't the EU also have an inventor of either the death star or the super laser?

for some reason i want to say it was afemale scientist from the MAW.....but that's all i can remember at this point.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back