ROD-407 mask making latex help

WebHead101

Hey guys so I have seen people using dragon skin silicone for the spiders to get an even look. Do you think I could use ROD-407 latex? It's a lot cheaper.

I feel like I could maybe answer some questions about latex having gone though an awful lot of 407 myself but I must ask of what spiders you speak and what is your mold made of?

I feel like I could maybe answer some questions about latex having gone though an awful lot of 407 myself but I must ask of what spiders you speak and what is your mold made of?

Sorry for not clarifying I am making a TASM 1 suit and I will build kind of like a wall will the puff pant well kind of outline the spider and the pour the latex in it. Would the latex work good?

-Aaron

Hmm, I'm thinking an easy way to do it might be to print off a copy of the design and trace it onto a piece of craft foam. Cut it out with an exacto and glue the design down to a flat surface. Spray that with some gloss primer if you want a nice smooth finish to it and then some crystal clear. Now do a plaster mold either with ultrcal or plaster of paris might be easier to find. Then remove the design from the mold and use the latex in that. The latex won't be quite as flexable as dragonskin but would still look good I think.

Hopefully this was helpful to you.

Hmm, I'm thinking an easy way to do it might be to print off a copy of the design and trace it onto a piece of craft foam. Cut it out with an exacto and glue the design down to a flat surface. Spray that with some gloss primer if you want a nice smooth finish to it and then some crystal clear. Now do a plaster mold either with ultrcal or plaster of paris might be easier to find. Then remove the design from the mold and use the latex in that. The latex won't be quite as flexable as dragonskin but would still look good I think.

Hopefully this was helpful to you.

Thanks!

-Aaron

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back