Rocketeer costume/ budget scratch-built rocketpack *UPDATE 99% DONE*

here is another pic from one of the nights, my friend made his roger rabbit costume, without any patterns, in like 2 days.

523512_441737079196497_1440451471_n.jpg

I love this thread - question you say you have a "south beach" jacket? it looks way better than the one I just got and returned. still looking for a good (but not $500) jacket myself.

I love this thread - question you say you have a "south beach" jacket? it looks way better than the one I just got and returned. still looking for a good (but not $500) jacket myself.

I got this exact jacket, I assumed it was a south beach jacket judging from the pictures and other reviews on it. its currently 99$ ( i might need to order a new one since I got a little fat since halloween ;)

Custom Tailor Made All Sizes Genuine Leather Jacket Rocketeer Gift Auction | eBay

Well I got a south beach (from an auction that claimed to be a us leather jacket company) and it was crap (just sent it back) not even leather - it was some odd super hot to wear vinyl like thing and the color and buttons were terrible.
Right now I am thinking: Men's 'Rocketeer' Tan 1940's Aviator WW2 Style Flight Pilot Nappa Leather Jacket | eBay

or https://www.etsy.com/listing/154567612/rocketeer-jacket-special-brown-original
but I am unsure.

The image used on the Esty listing is a Predicta jacket and the images used were taken from this website:
moviejackets.com - rocketeer jacket

Do not buy!

So i Just met billy campbell and he signed my Bucket! He was impressed with my jetpack and helmet (my friend was wearing it today since I was darth vader today,and I was the rocketeer yesterday.

The Real Rocketeer

Metacon, a small convention here in Minneapolis. Actually meeting him tho, was fate I believe. He isnt a guest or anything of the Convention. As I said before I wore my rocketeer costume on friday, and had literally over 100 people take pics with me, so when I got home I googled: Metacon Rocketeer, to see if any of those pics would show up, well a thread over on Rangerboard ( power rangers) and someone mentioned that the Pink ranger was good friends with Billy and He was tagging along for fun. If I didnt google for pics of myself earlier I would have never had any Idea at all.

Him posing with the Power rangers with my helmet hehe

I just got back from visiting Clint at Acme Designs and I as able to check out his original rocket pack and see the shop! We discussed my next project, which will be making an all metal rocket pack. So stay tuned for that! He helped me solve the last piece of the puzzle, so I will be starting that project soon.
here are a few pics!
Original Prop

One of his finished Resin Kits

I got to wear it!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back