Rocketeer Cirrus X3- The Veepy Build

like a lot of stuff, the u.s. has a massive range of stuff we simply don't have in the u.k. or very difficult to find.

when we factor in shipping costs and possible customs fees its not worth it.

most of the hardware i will just have to make do with close enough metric.

the closest i could find for the hoses were motorcycle brake lines. as for size? who knows, they don't say.
Same in Canada mate...the U.S. beats us every time in variety, value, products and quality...at low prices to boot:(

In an attempt to get as accurate as possible, I'm thinking of getting these rivets.

As seen in the attached pic the rivets seem to be pretty flat with a small curve to the head. These seem to be the closest I can find. I'm open to see what everyone else is using.
eUdx2l8.jpg

In an attempt to get as accurate as possible, I'm thinking of getting these rivets.

As seen in the attached pic the rivets seem to be pretty flat with a small curve to the head. These seem to be the closest I can find. I'm open to see what everyone else is using. View attachment 1397712
There is a link to Truss head aluminium rivets in the download, they look better, probably cheaper and lighter too... Maybe slightly longer would be better.

Unfortunately nothing close in the UK for me though.

I saw those and in the pic they look really flat. Also they are $15 for 100 pieces, the ones I found are $13 for 750 pieces.

Hmmm decisions decisions.......

I saw those and in the pic they look really flat. Also they are $15 for 100 pieces, the ones I found are $13 for 750 pieces.

Hmmm decisions decisions.......
so what you are saying is............you are gonna have a few hundred spare rivets? :p

here is a screen used pack (chewing gum scene) and i'm sure others have better reference and i know details differ from pack to pack
but these look pretty low to me.
ZHigblZ.jpg

i saw another fan made pack and their rivets were quite pronounced and they seemed to dominate it visually, i don't think there is too much difference with the ones in the link you posted and its up to you at the end of the day.

z

so what you are saying is............you are gonna have a few hundred spare rivets? [emoji14]

here is a screen used pack (chewing gum scene) and i'm sure others have better reference and i know details differ from pack to pack
but these look pretty low to me.
View attachment 1400145
i saw another fan made pack and their rivets were quite pronounced and they seemed to dominate it visually, i don't think there is too much difference with the ones in the link you posted and its up to you at the end of the day.

z
That I will have a extra......if they are to my liking lol

Sprayed the first coat of primer today. I was expecting to see a lot of imperfections, but I'm pleasantly surprised there's not that many. I love using rust-oleum automotive primer. It lays a thick but not too think layer down and its sandable. Once you wet sand this stuff it's baby butt smooth! Tomorrow I'll put some more spot putty and hopefully another coat of primer.

I'm thinking of not sanding the engines. 1. You will hardly see them and B. The engine would have a lot of imperfections, bumps, as it would have been made out of iron (I'm assuming). But I haven't fully decided. View attachment 1401009View attachment 1401010
PXL_20210102_204605632.jpg

That I will have a extra......if they are to my liking lol

Sprayed the first coat of primer today. I was expecting to see a lot of imperfections, but I'm pleasantly surprised there's not that many. I love using rust-oleum automotive primer. It lays a thick but not too think layer down and its sandable. Once you wet sand this stuff it's baby butt smooth! Tomorrow I'll put some more spot putty and hopefully another coat of primer.

I'm thinking of not sanding the engines. 1. You will hardly see them and B. The engine would have a lot of imperfections, bumps, as it would have been made out of iron (I'm assuming). But I haven't fully decided. View attachment 1401009View attachment 1401010View attachment 1401011
i was gonna try the same technique i used on my cannonball thread for a metal texture on the engines, quick and easy to do, will cover up the print lines.

from post #5 onwards

Guys the rivets are low profile in the screen packs. The download has the most accurate rivets I could find (see read me file).

I have them and tested them and both size and dome shape are spot on

You can even get them in different lengths.

Yes price is not the best but maybe you can share amongst you all. You will need 320 rivets. :)

What diameter are the heads? They are too big according to my trained eye lol [emoji38]

Edit: what a beautifully clean print!!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back