Rocketeer Cirrus X3- The Veepy Build

I assume you guys are placing the rivets AFTER painting the parts. Yes?

Also, MTB, what did you think about the method for Mounting boosters to the tanks? I think it’s clever and also very sturdy!

Last edited:
I assume you guys are placing the rivets AFTER painting the parts. Yes?

Also, MTB, what did you think about the method for Mounting boosters to the tanks? I think it’s clever and also very sturdy!
I have to watch the movie again and see if there is a color difference between the rivets and the rocket is self. If there is then I'll paint before if not I'll paint all at the same time to match.

I really like the mounts, added more time in printing but so worth it!!

Update:

I printed the version 1.05 hull and was able to do a test fit today. I really like how it's coming together. I will have to drill new holes for the rivets on the tanks for the hull but it beats having to print it again lol.

I think since I didn't reprint the tanks they are now not angled right. I might move the hull in more so it will push out the tanks and just drill all new holes.......not sure yet.

PXL_20210206_085549821.jpg
PXL_20210206_085113893.jpg
PXL_20210206_084926689.jpg
PXL_20210206_084728259.jpg
PXL_20210206_084718382.jpg

Last edited:
The tanks themselves haven’t changed at all except that the holes are in different locations. The tank angles shouldn’t change at all.

Match the 7th rivet of the hull (from the top corner) with the horizontal line of rivets of the tanks. I think I see you have it that way already [emoji106]

I don’t know how but it seems you may be able to pull it off. What you have there so far looks amazing.

Last edited:
The correct size rivets came in!
View attachment 1422966

Ugh, why does it alway say "view attacment when posting from my phone? I use tapatalk. Ill get the pics up in a sec I have to transfer them from my phone to my computer.

Last edited:
Those rivets are perfect. What’s the source? Also can you take a caliper to the rivet head and tell us the diameter in mm?

MTB, just wanted to show you progress on my pack, I'm almost done just waiting on a few parts.
The rocket fins are on backwards in this pic and I'm still trying to figure out the control arms what did you buy for those rods that connect to the exhaust fins and what did you get for the flap screws links to buy would be amazing if you can? Also, put your rivets in and tiny fins before paint or the paint gets in the holes and you have to redrill everyone of them.

I found that rust-oleum aluminum enamel matches close to the screen used without breaking the bank and makes it look like real metal. I tried rub and buff silver leaf and was not pleased so I sanded it down again and repainted. Thanks in advance for your help!

And for the mesh in the eye holes I'm going to use sticky screen repair and just use some rub and buff to make it look like steel mesh.

Last edited:
Looking very spiffy (y) (y) Question: I don't see the hoses going to the engines...is it on purpose or it's the angle of the pic?

Make sure your rocket boosters stick out more. There is a hole in the back that should match up with the hole on the tank. I know you sliced your rocket boosters but you can still align those holes. I hope. They need to stick out about 4mm from the bottom of the tank, and when you fold your flaps 90 degrees the boosters should sit right on the flaps.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back