Rob's Drawings: Samurai, Juggernaut, P2 and more

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Well, it's certainly been a while since I posted anything here hasn't it? Aright then, let's get to it.

This was supposed to be part of a series of drawings for a member here, but once I finished the Predator and his victim, I couldn't get it to go anywhere. I just wasn't happy with it, and I couldn't figure out anything as far as a background. So, I put it to the side and started working on another (with the same Hunter) that will definitely be a lot darker and more dramatic. Definitely not for the eyes of children. Anyways, the theme of this particular drawing was more of a glimpse into the past. I figure somewhere roughly around 1930-40ish. This was also a personal test to try and do a drawing with just one lead-hardness. I liked it, but the dark areas just weren't "dark" enough for me. Alright... enough of my babbling, and on to the pics.

HeadHunter4.jpg

Stupid camera -

HeadHunter3.jpg

HeadHunter2.jpg

HeadHunter1.jpg

HeadHunter5.jpg

Wow... really digging the new "add-image" feature. I unfortunately do not posses the drawing anymore. My parents were having new counter-tops installed, and the foreman really liked the drawing I'm currently working on. I said that I couldn't give it away because it wasn't mine, so I showed him the one pictured. He liked it a lot as well, and I gave it to him. According to him, it's now in his living room. I guess you never know who is; or when you'll run into a fellow Predator fan, and I thought that was really cool. Anyhow, I need more coffee.

Thanks for looking!!!!! :D

I can't belive i havn't been looking at this everyday. So many great ideas! I would love for fox to have use some of your ideas for the next movie. Not a sequel to the horrid besserker movie just released. I'd love to see a ancient samurai predator movie. My god you have a lot of talent and a really great ideas. This hands down makes me want to make a samurai suit. I hope you wouldn't mind me using some of your armor concepts on my samurai build.

About time you updated us! I love the drawing...mind I love all your drawings and (like everyone else) think you should be designing concepts for the next movie. Your work is simply astounding Rob. Thanks for letting us see your talent ;)

These drawings are truly insane...I gotta ask (it's slightly person so I understand if you dont' want to respond) Please tell you me you work in a field that does your talent justice? Also you should really be selling prints of these they are incredible.

NIIICEE!!!

Love the style! You can tell it is slightly different from some of the other stuff. I am glad you are still at it!

Thanks again by the way for the P2 hands! I Wore them to Dragon Con!! They were awesome!

I asked Rob if I could post all of his drawings from when I first saw them on the old eZboard Lair. I think I've saved most all of the drawings he's posted and some of the sculpting that wasn't posted. I tried to post them from Rob's earliest drawings to the most recent.

Seeing Rob progressively get better and better over the years has been incredible. I praise Rob all the time and I'm not alone when I say that he should be designing these bad ass mother fuckers for the movies. His work is inspiring to say the least.

Rob is not only talented with a pencil, but with clay as well. He's sculpted, molded and cast his own P1/P2 Bio helmet. Plus, he's worked on a P2 head.

Rob, your work is unreal. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking:

Rob (1).jpg

Rob (2).jpg

Rob (3).jpg

Rob (4).jpg

Rob (5).jpg

Rob (6).jpg

Rob (7).jpg

Rob (8).jpg

Rob (9).jpg

Rob (10).jpg

Rob (11).jpg

Rob (12).jpg

Rob (13).jpg

Rob (14).jpg

Rob (15).jpg

Rob (16).jpg

Rob (17).jpg

Rob (18).jpg

Rob (19).jpg

Rob (20).jpg

Rob (21).jpg

Rob (22).jpg

Rob (23).jpg

Rob (24).jpg

Rob (25).jpg

Rob (26).jpg

Rob (27).jpg

Rob (28).jpg

Rob (29).jpg

Rob (30).jpg

Rob (31).jpg

Rob (32).jpg

Rob (33).jpg

Rob (34).jpg

Rob (35).jpg

Rob (36).jpg

Rob (37).jpg

Rob (38).jpg

Rob (39).jpg

Rob (40).jpg

Rob (41).jpg

Rob (42).jpg

Rob (43).jpg

Rob (44).jpg

Rob (45).jpg

Rob (46).jpg

Rob (47).jpg

Rob (48).jpg

Rob (49).jpg

Rob (50).jpg

Rob (51).jpg

Rob (52).jpg

Rob (53).jpg

Rob (54).jpg

Rob (55).jpg

Rob (56).jpg

Rob (57).jpg

Rob (58).jpg

Rob (59).jpg

Rob (60).jpg

Rob (61).jpg

Rob (62).jpg

Rob (63).jpg

Rob (64).jpg

Rob (65).jpg

Rob (66).jpg

Rob (67).jpg

Rob (68).jpg

Rob (69).jpg

Rob (70).jpg

Rob (71).jpg

Rob (72).jpg

Rob (73).jpg

Attachments

• Rob (1).bmp
    155.1 KB · Views: 254
Ok Hunters Lair I'll see you in about 50 years time... Gonna go look at Rob's drawings, there's so much detail so thinking about 50 years worth of studying the pics. Said it before and I'll say it again, Rob has such a unique skill, the only other person close to him is Shane Mahon. Personally believe Rob is the better of the 2

Whoops got mixed up in the names, meant Crash not Mahon.

Ok Hunters Lair I'll see you in about 50 years time... Gonna go look at Rob's drawings, there's so much detail so thinking about 50 years worth of studying the pics. Said it before and I'll say it again, Rob has such a unique skill, the only other person close to him is Shane Mahon. Personally believe Rob is the better of the 2

I have to agree with you. Once my silly novel is complete, I will be attempting to contact him for cover art.

I agree Bryan - there is SO much detail in Rob's drawings that I only wish I could be there in person to see them with my naked eye. So much detail gets lost when you take a picture or even scan. Rob should take some high res scans sometime ;)

Oh, and one other note - the Bio sculpt that Rob did - you'll notice that there are two very different sculpts. Thats because the armature on the 1st one broke, so Rob started all over again. Both designs are still very cool and its neat to see how they changed but still retain the same look.

I am lucky enough to own one of Rob's Drawings. Have it framed in my workshop still.

This one here!
post-11-0-78595800-1323411263_thumb.jpg

Good ole Boar Bio!!

Rob is very gracious and humble about his work, but I would agree he is amazing. And if he took it to the max in Hollywood I am sure he could be up there with names like "Crash" McCreery. Be proud of yourself Rob.
I highly recommend everyone here pony up some Cash for a commissioned piece. You WILL NOT be sorry! Well worth it.

good god these are amazing. Your perspective is spot on and the poses are so natural.I just finished a life drawing class and that stuff hard! I would kill a xeno to get my hands on even just a scanned copy of some of these. A+

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back