RoboCop helmet (kit) build/paint

The only thing I don't like about this helmet is how the back attaches. Although there is magnets that attach it to the back of the jaw, there are no magnets to attach to top of it to the lid.
Instead, there are these two awkward pieces of rubber that get screwed in.

As far as full armor goes, I know sets were available at one time, but were in the 2 to 3K range. I'm sure with the reboot coming down the pike, we will see a renewed interest in RoboCop items.

I agree about the way the back fits on the top of the helmet. Luckily I am going to display it more than the times I wear it....maybe LOL

I agree about the way the back fits on the top of the helmet. Luckily I am going to display it more than the times I wear it....maybe LOL

Yes, when the helmet is resting on a flat surface like in the photos, the back locks into place better and more safely. Unfortunately, I would not advise putting this on a helmet stand.
Alternatively, I can custom fabricate for you a Robo themed display base to keep your helmet on.

As far as I know, colorshift paint requires a black base.
Im pretty sure the movie armor was painted like the method I used. The key is to give the illusion of color shifting paint.
The semi-transparent laquer paints I used worked perfect (they were Pactra brand RC car paints) and I will be using them again.

From what I understand from my research and talking with many robo fans and boards etc. The original Robo 2 suit was more green/dull. They used a photosensitive film/paint on the suit so it can pop when on camera. Kind of like the Jor-El suit in Superman.

I buy a similar kit (not this one) from a guy and I would love to repaint it cause it's only basic silver.
@GeneralFROSTY can you PM me your price for a repaint like this please?
I love what you did with those helmets!

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought a cheap helmet kit from eBay as well.
It was horrible! Quality sucks and the shape is totally off.
I'll post some pics soon..

I payed little for it but, it's ready to throw in the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20160228_230454.jpg20160228_230354.jpg20160228_230342.jpg20160228_230320.jpg

Here's the one I purchase. Missing the third part on pictures but it's not really the same.
I won't say it's a crappy one, my (small) head fit so it's okay for the price.
I paid : 65€ and a airsoft Auto 9 replica was sold with the helmet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back