robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: 15th Dec 2020)

Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3)

*sigh* this is why I should have never had a break...

Ever since Easter, the long weekend and daylight savings ending I've been in a bit of a funk, all out with my times and just have trouble getting going with things. Last week I tried to start back up again and started attaching the fur to the collar for Coat B. I then had another few days without working on it and after waking up and finally feeling good today I settled in for a nice long day of sewing.

It was going well: I sewed down the big long edge of fur, and even though it went on a bit unevenly, I knew it'd smooth out once it was all together.
Then I turned it over.
And noticed it was backwards...
The long end of it (for covering the face) was on the right...not the left.

It turns out that last week, in my foggy state, I had sewn the fur to the wrong piece of the collar. I'd sewn it to the outside piece, and not the facing (inside) piece as I should have. I then compounded the problem today by continuing to sew it.

So now I have to unpick the fur, cut a new outside collar piece (I drew markings on this one that make it unusable) and then redo all of it.

yay -_-

Yeah, ^what MAJSmith said^, robo3687...

Don't let this stumble get you down; you're doing something really special with this project (Really AMAZING, too!) :thumbsup

Hang IN there, "Joe" ;)

just checking in....I'm still alive. The build is too. Haven't been working on it as much, but things are getting closer.

I'll have some more solid updates sometime next week..

Hey!! Any updates on this project?? I literally started a profile on this site just to closely follow this tread. I am so anxiously awaiting info on how this project is turning out for you. I am still very interested in purchasing a finished pattern and making one for my boyfriend. Good luck!!!

Hey!! Any updates on this project?? I literally started a profile on this site just to closely follow this tread. I am so anxiously awaiting info on how this project is turning out for you. I am still very interested in purchasing a finished pattern and making one for my boyfriend. Good luck!!!

well, I am indeed still alive, as is this build. That said, progress has obviously been slower than I'd hoped lately due to a bunch of stuff out of my control....BUT!

I'm currently getting back into the swing of things with a less than a week panic build of my Han Solo jacket that I likely won't get finished in time for the premiere, if anyone wants to follow along with that, you can find it here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=289019

Once that's out of the way, I'll hopefully be back into the groove of making things, and I'll return and finish this build.

Hi all,

sorry for the radio silence. This coat just about broke me in the end (nothing a chiropractor can't fix anyway...lol), but fear not, I've just finished up one of the coats and will hopefully have some stuff to share in a few weeks.

stay tuned.

Well I did say there would be news...the mystery surprise recipient has been revealed.

UPxIvPh.png

How exactly should one go about reminding Adam about the picture without seeming pushy? Because any way I seem to word a tweet my brain says "that's way too pushy", and I just, in general, feel bad even asking given how busy he is.

Just ask ! I believe Adam to be a genuinely nice guy. What you see is what you get. He won't take offense at you asking to see a photo of him wearing the jacket you made for him.

I have been lucky enough to met him in person twice - the first time was when Mythbusters were doing their live show in Sydney. My wife bought me VIP tickets to the show as my birthday present - this included a backstage pass and a meet and greet. While Jamie was a bit reserved and stand offish, Adam was warm and enthusiastic just as you see on the show and how he comes across in his Tested Youtube videos.

The second time I met him was at SDCC last year - I was lucky in the autograph lottery. I was wearing my Magnoli Officer K jacket - while he was impressed with that, what made him giggle like a schoolgirl was my light up Officer K ID. Although it wasn't screen accurate, he thought it was great and had his PA take a couple of photos of us.

So as I said just ask - yes he is a busy man but he always seems to have time for the fans.
IMG_2355.JPG
MVIMG_20180721_130750.jpg

Chris

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back