roadhouse screen worn shirt

The pattern may look similar!!!But is there any type of patern or blood mark in this particular scene that can be matched to this particular shirt? Otherwise it looks just like a white shirt with a blood stain!!! Pausing the film at the scene in question and looking for like for like patterns or trace marks can answer this?

Ive watched the video and freeze framed it in various sections its hard to make out
as the fight scene is really quick, what i have noticed is the top of the shirt on the right in the movie has a little hop for the button of the other side, mine has the same as well
same style shirt as the movie, im a bit worried now if this is real

I hope they give you some good solid provendence or perhaps some background insight on how they inspected the shirt to layclaim it was from Roadhouse.. Also you should ask them what the chain of ownership was before you purchased it!!

I look forward to hearing your response back from startifacts and i just hope they dont bullet dodge your questions and for your sake i hope its the real deal!!

Hi pappas
This is what i message startifacts

The reason i am messaging you is i need to know if you have any more proof this is the real shirt from road house as i have been talking to some big memrobillia collectors on therpf.com ,who prop store of london sponsor, and a few of the guys on there question this is real or not, as i have taken many photos of the blood stain and can not match the blood stains from the shirt i bought from you to the movie it self.
I need to know as i spent alot of money on this shirt. You said you bought this at an auction, What auction was that

This is what i got in return from startifacts

will surely contact propstore and ask why they trash this item very sad that mr laine would do such---will tell him your claim and wait for an answer in the meantime return the item or a full refund

(Did i once say in my first message that it was the propstore of london tht said they were sure the shirt was real no i didnt)

I returned his message by saying

you've misunderstood what i said in my message, i am joined to the rpf.com, propstore of london sponsor it i never said they were
involved, i said people on the rpf.com where questioning if this was real or not.
Please dont get defensive all im asking is if you have additional proof i.e your invoice from the auction you bought it from or a catalog
from the auction, please understand where im coming this is the first and most expensive prop ive bought and what to make sure its real

I got in return this from startifacts

hello i tell you what return it for a 100% refund----it came from premiere props 2011 auction period---who you spoke to i could care less--i have been in this business 24 yrs and sick of newbie know it alls questoning things just return it for a refund one of my rea clients will be happy to purchase it

and then another message from startifacts ive deleted his address

please send the shirt back asap for a 100% refund-----please feel free to use our company fedex acct--------------we strive to provide the finest authentic artifacts -as well as the best client relations and customer service---if ever a question on authenticity---as we state when we sell it we guarantee it for life----that is why we are happy to refund your purchase---perhaps we can find a different item that you feel more comfortable with provenance---as we stated we purchased the shirt in 2012 from premiere props celebrity memorabila live auction-----i believe in premiere props 100% and know who and where their items originate from --i have no reason to doubt the item-----sorry you and your email pals feel it is not genuine---again no problem---send it back ----thank you we will look for the item via fedex and we will refund your paypal acct immediately upon the items return thanks mk

This is the last message i sent him last night

You have compeletly misunderstood what i have said and are now twisting my words.
Im not trying to ruin your reputation ok, ive read your 100% feedback and you seem a genuine guy. I asked you a simple question which you still havent realy answered
You told me you bought this from premiere props last year
All i asked was the proof that you bought it from them so i can get it off you and it can go with your coa that you provided with the shirt,
If you bought this from premiere props you should of got a coa from them as well, as i bought about 30 costumes off them in the last 2 years, and every time ive got a coa from them.
I dont want this to turn it to a cursing match between us ok.
If you cant supply a coa or proof that you bought it then maybe i should have the refund

So i am waiting for him to return my message
What worries me is that i asked a few simple questions that he never answered and he got defensive straight away
The most worring part is that he lied when he bought, first it was in 2011 from premiere props then the last message was 2012

Sorry this was long winded guys
Please let me know what you think
All the input helps
regards ben

Ben no offense but when you start off by saying people on a forum and name dropping that puts people off into a defensive mode . You should have just asked the questions yourself and say me not them . To be honest the blood doesn't have to match 100 pct drip for drip for it to be a authentic shirt from the film. I had bought like 5 shirts a while back from a seller all blood stained none could be matched on screen but they were still from the production they just didn't happen to be THE ONE that got filmed. It would be VERY hard to find the one exact screen matched shirt . If the pattern on the shirt was off or something thats a whole different story . If this shirt is a distinct pattern with same buttons everything
I personally would keep it .

But thats me if you wanted or thought it was that exact shirt you were buying then by all means return it . You could call pp and asked if they sold off any items from Roadhouse if they say no then return it, there is just to many odd things going on at that point . good luck man

I disagree if i drop a large sum of money i want to be a 100% sure that what i buy, is exactly whats described, i always do my research first, before i buy any screen used prop especially if its from eBay!!!

I honestly think your questions where justified and the response was rude, no customer service in the slightest and very defensive.. In my view it backs up my claim that startifacts are a shady organisations....

If startifacts themselfs thought they had a genuine shirt from Roadhouse why would they go from $1000 to $600 within a couple of weeks.. Makes no sence!!!

You could get intouch with Dan Levin from Premiere Props.. But if you do some research on Dan he has built up more questions that are still unanswered from his auctions!!

At this point if there was any legitimacy there would give you a straight answer's without being rude..

Got this reply from startifacts today
Address been removed

dear sir we have investigated your comments and while we stand by the item and the source premiere props, we feel it is best that you return the item for a 100% refund---please use our company fedex acct # 4 kronick ind-startifacts inc---- we have contacted the parties you claim spoke negative about the item and will follow up and use your name as the party questioning authenticity, and claiming they spoke negative about the item---propstore in particular--we are very interested to hear their take on your claim--------that is our policy---we guarantee everything we sell 100% so we will look for the item and when returned issue a full refund----thank you www.startifacts.com

I am really tired of this guy now, he just doesnt get it, I never said propstore was involved not once,
and he still wont answer my simple question, If he bought from premiere props did he get an coa from them.
Im really not sure about sending this back incase i get screwed
I mean propsicle was kind enough to add the link and that is the shirt i own
So really am at my wits end and my wife wants me to get my refund back
as she thinks he is a fraud

My nephew was named Dalton after this character. I remind him of that wnehever he needs to be brought down a peg!

But you got to love the movie.

Alec

hey planet
I had a long hard think about it and i sent it back to him last wednesday
using his account he got it back on thursday.
He refunded my money but it is still pending in my paypal account says it will clear wednesday.
The reason i gave it back was i had lost heart with it didnt fill speacial any more, if you know what i mean
I will just see what happens wednesday if my refund hasnt cleared ill be contacting paypal.

I totally have been there man . Those types of big purchases have to feel right .
Let me know if it turns out good .

Hi there

Just wanted to tell bionicbaconben that i was over the moon for him to get such a superb prop from one of my favourite movies

However, it was short lived when the problems started...

Personally I think you've done the right thing by sending it back for a refund.

I really think the company didn't need to treat you this way and jump down your throat as soon as you asked them for some validation - as a "proffessional" screen prop business this should have been something that they could have done very easily and put your mind at rest.

Quite why they got so aggressive so quickly is anyones guess - it was not like you were accusing them of anything.
You only wanted proof.
Not too much to ask really considering the ammount of money you spent.

Besides, having checked that companies eBay feedback, it doesn't come as a suprise that one of the last transactions the company did was to refund $3,900 for a "photocopy" of an item that was advertised as an original signed photograph.

You can make your own minds up about that...

Just sad for you that you went from a proud thread on this forum to having doubts and then having to go through all that cr*p.

I would have done the same thing and sent it back - just on principle alone.
Even if it was genuine - as you say the whole thing was tainted.
Besides, in this day and age, nobody should have to put up with that sort of bad attitude and unhelpful customer service.

Thanks for reading.
Hope you don't mind my 2 cents worth on the subject

Best wishes

-M-

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back