roadhouse screen worn shirt

bionicbaconben

Put patrick swayze screen worn shirt from road house in a quick frame tonight, gana adjust it over the week end,
this is my pride and joy love the film
Let me know what you all think
:love:love:love:love

Its one of the best movies ever made . The heck did you find that? I have never seen anything of his and been searching for years lol You ever sell it let me know ! The best lines ever in that movie . Im Jealous man congrats

Dalton: Sorry, we're closed.
Ketchum: Then what are all these people doing here?
Dalton: Drinking and having a good time.
Ketchum: That's why we're here.
Dalton: You're too stupid to have a good time. LOL

No offense I thought the same thing. Its way to nice of a piece to not have it displayed right . Mind if I asked where you got it?

thats ok you hav'nt offended me just wanted to get it up in a quick frame to display
I got it from a company called startifacts
Oh do you know how would be the best company to frame this shirt so i know for the future. Planet

screenused.com . But they are very expensive . A shirt is the easiest thing to frame yourself so get a price from them and see if its worth it. I would think they would charge
anywhere from 500-750 for a shirt in a basic frame. Check Ebay for jersey frames they have nice ones for a fraction of that. Its all up to you if you have the money they will make it look amazing but it depends if you want to drop that much. Post some pics when you get it framed :)

Ya definitely spend the money to get a display that will do it justice. Id prolly present it on a half mannequin in a oval bespoke frame myself :)

Desi and Jeff make awesome displays over at Screenused, but if you want a frame contact CLS, they make some great frames.

Congrats on a truly awesome piece.

A half mannequin in an oval base will cost him 1500.00 if not more
:(
You can buy a half torso for 50.00 or less on ebay your self and have plaque made for 25.00 .
If money is no object go for it but you could end up paying more for the display then the piece is worth . just saying

A half mannequin in an oval base will cost him 1500.00 if not more
:(
You can buy a half torso for 50.00 or less on ebay your self and have plaque made for 25.00 .
If money is no object go for it but you could end up paying more for the display then the piece is worth . just saying

Thats how displays work buddy, a good display will cost in the $800-$1500 range depending on how well you want to have it looked. The $1000-1500 range would get you an awesome looking display from Tom Spina.

For me, presentation counts as much as a prop. Obviously if you have a common prop than its not worth it, but something like this, which is a pretty iconic piece sans his outfit from Dirty Dancing and Red Dawn would fetch a high price tag pending the providence is superb.

But then again its just my opinion, but I would save up the money and do the prop justice.

Even something like this would look great, and this type of display will run you right around $250-$300 and does a prop justice
Piranha-3D-2010-costumes-wardrobe.jpg

Each company specializes in their own displays. For example
Screenused - Desi & Jeff - great for acrylic type displays table and wall mounts
CLS - Wayne - great for bespoke type frame like in the photo
Tom Spina - Tom - custome display mannequins with custom bases
Hollywood History - Jim & Wes - acrylic displays all types

There are a bunch more companies and you can do a great display yourself but these are who I always use depending on the project

Last edited:
I know how they work chief . And Tom Spina does not do basic frame jobs .
No offense but that frame has a 5.00 one sided half shell hollow torso in it. I just tossed two of those out . The top of those come with a hanger thats why they covered it up there is a hole in it. Look them up on Ebay all day for 5.00-10.00 but for 250 its not bad . That dalton piece is killer but in my opinion adding a 1500 plus frame to it added what he paid he will never get the money back If he ever needs to sell it :(

I know how they work chief . And Tom Spina does not do basic frame jobs .

Whoa easy chief where all on the same side here no need to get hostile plus no one told him to spend $1500+ on a display. I know what Tom makes ;) and I even put at the bottom what he does. All I was saying is if you're going to spend $1000+ on a display then Tom is your guy.

Like I said in my post, those are who I use and have had great success, what I said isnt written in stone geez.

As for the OPs piece, I have no idea what he paid for it, but he could make a pretty penny by putting it in a PIH auction. Im sure anyone would agree with that since profiles is all about inflated prices. But then you got to ask yourself if Profiles would even take it since Brian over there is very shady/sketchy on what he chooses or not chooses to put in their auction. But since you dont see Road House items come up Id say they would take it.

But like I said before this is just my opinion. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this anymore, I love talking about props and displays.

Now back on track, to OP however you display it, itll look awesome. Youve got a great piece of movie history that props from that movie never come up. Kudos :D

Last edited:
I think if i rememember correctly this sold on ebay about 3-4 weeks ago.. it went for around $700 dollars.. The seller startifact kept lowering the price.. Was intrested myself before i declined it..

PATRICK SWAYZE SCREEN WORN BLOODIED COSTUME FROM THE 1989 FILM ROAD HOUSE COA | eBay

is the link to the item... Good price for this item from a classic movie...

In fact i find all the items startifact sell on a buy it now price curious.. Just looking at there buy it now list... some acquisitions are rather on the cheaper end of the market!!!

yea I know what you mean. Its really not that good of a price considering what a small niche market that film is . But either way its very cool

Hey guys thanks for the in put yes i bought it from startifacts he wanted $1000 when i saw it on ebay, i pm him and took my chances with an offer of $600 with free shipping and he accepted
and as they say lol the rest is history

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back