Hannibal Anthony Hopkins Screen used Prison Shirt Grail SCORE!!!!

Knightmare

Sr Member
This beauty has been on my Grail list for along time. I tried for several years to get the owner to sell it to me lol . I just happen to see it the moment it did go up for sale and pounced !
The frame is really beautiful . The shirt still has all the sweat stains ! Well just wanted to share guys . Hope everyone is happy and healthy .
BEST HOBBY EVER !!!!!!!

4D030285-A76A-4C31-9463-50DFB26943D3_1_201_a.jpeg

Always especially satisfying to acquire not just a cool piece, but one that you've specifically wished for.

Looks like the same one that Propstore loaned to the London Film Museum for display in 2011:

My only foray into this series so far is a very minor item I gifted to my brother earlier this year courtesy of eBay, though it's still kind of neat I think - a 12" piece of copper cladding that adorned the 29-ft cupola atop the hospital housing Hannibal Lecter’s cell in Silence of the Lambs.
Western Center (aka Morganza), a notorious state reform school and later an institution for the mentally disabled near Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, served as the exterior location in late 1989. Constructed in 1929 and operational until 2000, the administration building was demolished in 2011 to make way for Southpointe business park. Though the cupola was removed relatively intact for an intended restoration and conversion into a new town square centerpiece, those plans eventually fell through.

I'm usually not a fan of "random small bits of ___" as memorabilia, since they so often get to the point where authentication becomes impossible, but I gave in after matching markings on this piece to its precise placement on one side of the tower in photos, and then in turn, matching this placement's orientation to a side facing the camera. So I can say it technically appeared in full view onscreen... if only constituting a few grains/pixels!
[Plus it also appeared in Red Dragon, since the shot with the sign was reused.]

Silence of the Lambs hospital tower cladding.jpg

Always especially satisfying to acquire not just a cool piece, but one that you've specifically wished for.

Looks like the same one that Propstore loaned to the London Film Museum for display in 2011:

My only foray into this series so far is a very minor item I gifted to my brother earlier this year courtesy of eBay, though it's still kind of neat I think - a 12" piece of copper cladding that adorned the 29-ft cupola atop the hospital housing Hannibal Lecter’s cell in Silence of the Lambs.
Western Center (aka Morganza), a notorious state reform school and later an institution for the mentally disabled near Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, served as the exterior location in late 1989. Constructed in 1929 and operational until 2000, the administration building was demolished in 2011 to make way for Southpointe business park. Though the cupola was removed relatively intact for an intended restoration and conversion into a new town square centerpiece, those plans eventually fell through.

I'm usually not a fan of "random small bits of ___" as memorabilia, since they so often get to the point where authentication becomes impossible, but I gave in after matching markings on this piece to its precise placement on one side of the tower in photos, and then in turn, matching this placement's orientation to a side facing the camera. So I can say it technically appeared in full view onscreen... if only constituting a few grains/pixels!
[Plus it also appeared in Red Dragon, since the shot with the sign was reused.]

View attachment 1649883
Thanks for posting that’s really cool . You’re right it was originally Sold by the Propstore. I have to admit the feeling of finally getting a grail piece is so damm Great !

Congratulations on getting your grail brother, frame/presentation is beautiful! Very sweet item from an iconic movie!
The Owner shipped it from Germany to the United States . I was praying the frame was going to make it but was trying to prepare myself for the worst. Really is a miracle the glass didn’t break !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back