Rivendell Elf Warrior Armor

EpicSorcerer

Hi everybody! I'm brand new to The RPF, so cut me a little slack for my newbie-ness. i am making a set of Rivendell Elf Armor from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. NOTE: This will mostly be a progress thread -- For a construction thread, I recommend going to this link: http://www.therpf.com/f24/high-elven-warrior-costume-build-lotr-229843/

That is where I got almost all of the specs and ideas for my armor, which is why mine will look pretty similar, but with slight differences. Big thanks to RPF user Kelsohighlander for his help and support.

My goal: (Approximately)
rivendell_by_e_pa-d5u9dv6.jpg

Before I started work on the armor I played around a bit with trying to make some weapons. Here are a few prototypes. I'm going to make some better quality ones later on, but for now here are these. A Mirkwood Guard Polearm and a Mirkwood Soldier's Sword from The Battle of the Five Armies. Designs from Stormthecastle.com

IMG_0295.JPGIMG_0010.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 316
Got to power work on it again yesterday. Here is the end result. I finished assembling the shoulder plates. They're a little bit too wide, but i think that I'll be able to fit it properly once the strings are attached to go onto the arm.
IMG_0344.JPGIMG_0348.JPG

I also started on cutting out pieces of the gauntlets. I'm creating the gauntlets just from my mind, I'm not using any templates or anything, so i don't know how they're going to turn out.
IMG_0347.JPG

Well... I kind of forgot all about this thread for the last 3 months, so i haven't posted any more progress updates. Well now i can't because I've finished. My Rivendell elf Warrior armor:
IMG_1937.JPG IMG_1927.JPGIMG_1931.JPG

Did you create the ridges from strips of your linoleum? And are you actually using floor linoleum that one would purchase say at a Home Depot or local flooring store? Thinking scrapes?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back