Rivendell Elf Warrior Armor

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by EpicSorcerer, Apr 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

Hi everybody! I'm brand new to The RPF, so cut me a little slack for my newbie-ness. i am making a set of Rivendell Elf Armor from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. NOTE: This will mostly be a progress thread -- For a construction thread, I recommend going to this link: http://www.therpf.com/f24/high-elven-warrior-costume-build-lotr-229843/

That is where I got almost all of the specs and ideas for my armor, which is why mine will look pretty similar, but with slight differences. Big thanks to RPF user Kelsohighlander for his help and support.

My goal: (Approximately)
    rivendell_by_e_pa-d5u9dv6.jpg

Vycanthus likes this.
  2. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

Before I started work on the armor I played around a bit with trying to make some weapons. Here are a few prototypes. I'm going to make some better quality ones later on, but for now here are these. A Mirkwood Guard Polearm and a Mirkwood Soldier's Sword from The Battle of the Five Armies. Designs from Stormthecastle.com

IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

Attached Files:

3. Dralexa

Dralexa New Member

thats crazy looking, good luck with that build

4. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

I finally got some time to actually begin my armor. Here is the start of the chestplate piece.
    IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0299.JPG

5. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

I put together the pieces one half at a time using linoleum strips and brads and then just inserted the overlapping parts to create one piece.
    IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0301.JPG

sanctuspiox likes this.
  6. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

Painted chest piece and start of the shoulder plates:
    IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0307.JPG

Twananas likes this.
  7. Laserbeam

Laserbeam New Member

looks awesome!!! ive always liked the elven warriors!

8. Fonque

Fonque New Member

I like the idea of using lino, it's a very neat idea. Keep up the good work. It's looking great!

9. Kelsohighlander

Kelsohighlander Active Member

So excited about this build! Thanks for keeping us updated!

10. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

Got to power work on it again yesterday. Here is the end result. I finished assembling the shoulder plates. They're a little bit too wide, but i think that I'll be able to fit it properly once the strings are attached to go onto the arm.
    IMG_0344.JPG IMG_0348.JPG

11. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

I also started on cutting out pieces of the gauntlets. I'm creating the gauntlets just from my mind, I'm not using any templates or anything, so i don't know how they're going to turn out.
    IMG_0347.JPG

gteraberry likes this.
  12. gteraberry

gteraberry New Member

Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing more.

13. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

I finally got the helm!!! Now that I'm back from a month long vacation, I'll be able to do lots of armor work
    IMG_8897.JPG IMG_8875.JPG . IMG_8871.JPG

Vycanthus likes this.
  14. EpicSorcerer

EpicSorcerer New Member

Well... I kind of forgot all about this thread for the last 3 months, so i haven't posted any more progress updates. Well now i can't because I've finished. My Rivendell elf Warrior armor:
    IMG_1937.JPG IMG_1927.JPG IMG_1931.JPG

Ikras likes this.
  15. Mark Roman

Mark Roman New Member

Ive been actually working on making this same piece with 22 gauge steel, thanks for the references!

EpicSorcerer likes this.
  16. sanctuspiox

sanctuspiox Member

Did you create the ridges from strips of your linoleum? And are you actually using floor linoleum that one would purchase say at a Home Depot or local flooring store? Thinking scrapes?