Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)

Check out the new video on game play.
Has a few new pix mixed in.
Shows both outfits in use.

Probably starts out with the red one and ends up in the green one, could also be some of the upgrades and unlocks you go after.

It's good to be back. :)

Also looks similar to this jacket. http://www.vipgoose.com/canada-goose-solaris-parka-red-womens-p-115.html I'm guessing the red puffer jacket with fur hood is a common-ish item. That chest pocket is going to be a doozy, though (all of the jackets I'm seeing thus far online have no such pocket).

Huh, so it would seem she still has the stick bow in that one shot. That doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but who knows (I'd love to not have to make a new bow!)

The one I found was looking at Ski jackets, it was the second image.
For searching try red ski jacket, red parka, red parka with fur hood, red puffer jacket with fur hood.

The jacket you linked to is missing the storm flap over the zipper and has cargo style pockets instead of black zippered slash pockets.

I found one like the one I posted listed on the UK Ebay really cheap but it was an XXL.

Check out this image.
It's the uncropped wallpaper on the Game informer TR hub page.

Aye, the link I found still isn't a perfect match. I imagine they probably did a similar deal as with the last game where they modeled the in-game clothing on real world apparel (like the Timberland Charles boots).

Here's a link to some great Hi-res photos! http://www.xboxmad.net/x/rise-tomb-raider-shots.html

In that Game Informer article, it looks like there will be a second location in addition to Siberia. So Lara won't be running over the snow the whole time. Apparently there is talk of "dusty sandscapes, dense forests, and underwater caverns." So there may be more outfit options yet! :D

Last edited:
The jacket also has that darker shoulder area that looks like it could be suede or a heavy cordura.

There is that pic of her in the tank top.;)
Looks like you gal's will get lots of options this time around.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/The_Lady_Nerd/263-cover-reveal-spread_zpsjcb5r0oa.jpg

Thanks to Game Informer, we now have another good look at the new 2015 Rise of the Tomb Raider getup, this time with Lara sporting a red coat and a whole lot of snow dusting. The new game takes place in Siberia (good news for all of you northern cosplayers and your snow-laden lands!), so this will, no doubt, be a very warm outfit (so be prepared when summer cons come. You might want to build a cooling pack in, depending).

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/The_Lady_Nerd/tombraider_zpsgrczqwec.jpg

Looks to be alot of the same gear from the last game. So if you've already done a Tomb Raider costume, you may already be ahead of the game on some of the props. (Speaking of which, I need to get me an ice pick or two. I never did procure one for my last cosplay).

Additions:
- Fur-lined red puffer jacket with mystery emblem on left shoulder
- Orange googles
- Hat??
- Not one, but TWO ice picks/axes
- Black winter gloves
- Black and yellow mountain climbing harness

That yellow looks a heck of a lot like an industrial fall protection lanyard. I have one myself (used it many times, never fallen on it though).

I also thought Canada Goose Solaris when I saw that puffer coat... but as mentioned there is no zipper pocket on the chest, and no black detail on the shoulders.

other than that the Canada Goose is pretty much it. I did see there were some knock off ones on ebay... I might buy one of those and add the other details (not that hard)

For some reason I love that Red Parka look... ther green one is cool too, but that red one just strikes me.

SOOO excited to have more Lara stuff to work on soon :) Looks like more khaki coloured pants this time, and a racerback tank top instead of the double cami type we had last time. Can't tell for sure what colour it is though from that one shot.

There are some on Ebay UK for £19.99 that is close accept no storm flap, no chest pocket and the slash pockets are vertical instead of angled.
M-XXL

This one is interesting that it has a round patch in the left shoulder.
Pockets are wrong and still needs the one on the chest.

Aeropostale A87 has possibilities.

Looking at many pix it appears that the jacket in game are based on Abercrombie & Fitch / Hollister jackets.
Same patch.
16352390000_e8bfe64c04_o.jpg
Possible goggles but can't be sure since you can't see the top edge.
Grey watch cap you can get at Target for $5.

Unfortunately that Parka in the link above appears to be from their Kids' line... so not likely to fit most of us. :-( I don't believe that it's the "same" patch... it is *close*, though. They may have had to alter it for copyright purposes.

In any case we still haven't found one yet that has all of the details... not a single one so far that has the black shoulders, for example. I guess the search goes on...

I keep seeing two axes... and I don't mean a pair (as we can see here) which are both red. I've seen the red and the silver and I wonder which one will end up being used later on in the game? This is always the difficult part when we're making guesses from the little bitty scraps we have to go on before the release :p

Last edited:
The jacket is a Womans.
Most pop up in the UK under the Hollister of California brand.
Strange since Hollister isn't all that far from where I am in Central Ca.(about 50 miles as the crows fly)
Kelly Red Fur Trim Down Jacket Puffer Coat Abercrombie & Fitch

The last video I saw said that she does start with the 2 axes when she begins the journey.
The red jacket and 2 red axes are at the beginning and that the green jacket and 1 axe is later.
Now the teaser shows the silver but all the concept art and screen caps show red, including the shot from the arid region.

I know that the teaser for the first game was done by a company in Japan, they didn't even mod the axe which made it easy to ID.
Could be the case here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think when I googled that jacket I clicked the wrong one, cuz I do see now that the "Kelly" one is womens'. The Kids' one is called something different, but looks the same.

Still wish it had the black shoulders... but that could be added. The only thing I don't like about A&B/Hollister is that the largest they carry is a "Large"... which really fits like a Medium. So I doubt that i could find one to fit me (I have a 41" bust).

i don't think it'd be the Hollister brand... those don't have the black and white patch on the sleeve. They have the Hollister 'seagull" on the chest instead.

What I found on the UK sites was Hollister is selling the A&F jackets.

Anyway I did a more in depth analysis of the jacket.
16529712896_52fb43640d_o.jpg

The hood is removable.
The chest area is smooth with 5 puffy ridges on the bottom, the back has 7 not including the yoke.
There are vertical seams both front and back.
The sleeves appear to be smooth or if they are puffy it's in wide bands.

The plot thickens. :p

Right click and open the image in new window, it's large.

Last edited:
That's good.. i wasn't wanting to have to put that prop off. I'm glad she's still wearing it :)

Since she's now sporting two ice axes (and since I just bought myself a scroll saw for crafting) I think I'm going to tackle making a replica of my real axe out of MDF.

It would beat the pants off trying to buy a second one :p

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back