Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman! - Apo's HEV suit build

Nice build! Looks great. I'm almost done my HEV build as well. I have a current thread under my user name slubot.
would love to hear your opinions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 128
Hey guys.

long time no update, sorry for that! Well, I finally found the time to download some pictures from my phone to my computer, so here is the next batch of pictures:

Sniper Rifle:

More pics of the barrel build, had to redo the tip after it came off . The left part shows the aging, done by drybrushing with silver, was my first try and worked out better than expected, though in hindsight I exaggerated it here and there...

hev_mk-v-2_sniperrifle.jpg

Scope: I had to rush this part of the build since it was the night before the deadline. Came out little less detailed than I planned it to be. I used a nerf sight module as base, so it is removable using the rail system.
hev_mk-v-2_sniperrifle2.jpg hev_mk-v-2_sniperrifle4.jpg

Finished rifle:
hev_mk-v-2_sniperrifle3.jpg

It came out pretty big and therefore never left the workshop / apartment. D'uh. Nonetheless, looks great on display ;) (The whole HEV suit is on display in my living room right now, where it replaced my rather crude Fallout Power Armor build)

Armor update:

The first version was foam only, but I decided to strenghten the upper leg armor with a layer of armor, to get a more sturdy look and also a better surface for the spraypaint so it would stick longer to it than it did at the first version. Worked out pretty well, though the parts became significantly heavier and therefore needed a stronger attachment system. (More about this at another post)
hev_mk-v-2_leg_armor.jpg

Crowbar:

hev_mk-v-2_crowbar2.jpghev_mk-v-2_crowbar.jpg

Well nothing huge to show here, but I redid the painting, this time I masked the red part to get clean lines. Before painting I also applied more filler to blend the different parts (plastic pipe, eva foam, etc.) better than it was before.

Well that's it for now, stay tuned for more pictures (Medikit, abs armor, pics of the full suit on display, and so on!)

-Apo

Hey guys,

I'm feeling like a necromancer right now, but I "finished" (is there even something like a finished project???) the third iteration of my HEV suit last week and want to show the new version! :)

At saturday we had a summer carnival event in Cologne and I decided to redo the HEV suit and wear it. Well, it was like 28°C and I was the whole day close to a collapsing, but had a ton of fun with it anyway!

Here are some pics of the whole suit:

IMG_1738.jpgIMG_1740.jpgIMG_1741.jpgIMG_1743.jpgIMG_1742.jpg

I changed quite a lot over the last weeks. The chest armor got some love at the rims (sanding, smoothing with putty), the logo is now 3D thanks to craft foam. And I repainted everything (all armor pieces actually) with acrylics. I lost the smooth surface of the spray painted fibreglass torso and got some minor brush texture, but since I was aiming for a used look this time it actually came out better than version 2 (version 1 was a foam piece and pretty crappy). I applied lot's of silver acrylic to the edges which made a huge difference, people continously touched the armor while asking me "Is this metal?". Small effort, great outcome! :)
Sadly time was too short to apply real weathering, another missing part were the red inlays on the arm and neck cut outs, as well as some detailing on the back. On the to do list for in iteration 4 ;)

Arm pieces were stripped of their plasti-dip / spray paint covering and covered with acrylic putty, PVA and also repainted with acrylics. I'm not too happy about them (especially the lower arms), they will probably be completely replaced with free hand pieces for the next version.

Upper leg armor was repainted as well, also on the list for replacement. Same for the belt. I removed the medikit completely for now, plan to redo a more light weight version.

The belly armor (which is basically craft foam wrapped around some kobra cast) needs some redo as well. I removed the cod piece and some parts of the armor. As a said, needs to be replaced completely anyway.

Well and then there are the lower leg armor pieces I completely remade, this time free hand instead of using the pepakura files. Those are the parts I am most proud of, a lot closer to the original (based on a Neca figurine, I am not not mistaken, the in game model is somewhat blurry) and fitting into the look much more nicely than the previous parts. For the first time I tried to use a zipper and it looks pretty good, a lot better than the previous velcro stuff!

IMG_1536.jpgIMG_1728.jpgIMG_1730.jpgIMG_1737.jpgIMG_1739.jpg

Well, that's it for now, need to repaint the armor here and there and get some decent pictures of everything! ;)

Thanks for watching! :)

pretty slick work, slick XD

looks good, I trashed my torso part of this to make space for other projects :( Will be re-building it soon though!

Excellent work

/M

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back