Rinzler's Making of The Force Awakens

real shame about this.lets hope we eventually get the book.
at the moment there's a surprising lack of reference material and or decent books on the production of the film.

real shame about this.lets hope we eventually get the book.
at the moment there's a surprising lack of reference material and or decent books on the production of the film.

i entirely agree... i can't believe the huge hype before the release of them film, and we honestly didnt get the important stuff... towns of ep7 bath towels though... and garbage cans...

yeah,some good reference shots on the bed sheets and pyjamas.
those cereal packets were outstanding.
you'd think this was a disney film............or worse a 1970's disney film
oh god it is :facepalm

Ooooooorrr.... Star Wars, when in 1977 and '78 saw "STAR WARS" plastered on everything from sunglasses to custom vans to tennis shoes to -- wait for it -- bedsheets and pyjamas. And cereal (C-3PO's, anyone?). Geroge marketed the bejeepers out of Star Wars. This is nothing new.

--Jonah

yeah,true.i remember those days.good times.
but also back in the day there was a lot more printed material.posterbooks,cinema programs collector magazines etc.
and the high end publication,art books etc.
i suppose the freely available ref material on the internet has slowed down the print media but there were still a lot more references in print for ep1-3 and we had the net for a while by then.
lets hope we might get some japanese books while we're waiting for rinzler's book.those guys are good at these type of books.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back