Limited Run Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 Trench Coat By ELS

Hi again Jameel :)

I’m going to be sending you my Measurements tomorrow afternoon and so I just wanted to make sure I was clear about which measurements you need for this
Can you just remind us all of exactly which measurements you want from us for this coat?

There have been a couple of different graphics you posted throughout this Thread … but if I’m following it correctly, you’d like us to send you

NECK measurement

CHEST measurement

WAIST measurement

SHOULDER measurement

SLEEVE measurement (Raglan measure from Neck to Cuff)

and then also tell you what we’d like for the Back Length?
… is that Correct?

And I’m assuming Inches is okay?
Or would you prefer cm?

Thanks (y)(y)

Last edited:
Hi again Jameel :)

I’m going to be sending you my Measurements tomorrow afternoon and so I just wanted to make sure I was clear about which measurements you need for this
Can you just remind us all of exactly which measurements you want from us for this coat?

There have been a couple of different graphics you posted throughout this Thread … but if I’m following it correctly, you’d like us to send you

NECK measurement

CHEST measurement

WAIST measurement

SHOULDER measurement

SLEEVE measurement (Raglan measure from Neck to Cuff)

and then also tell you what we’d like for the Back Length?
… is that Correct?

And I’m assuming Inches is okay?
Or would you prefer cm?

Thanks (y)(y)
These are correct, just add bicep too.
It doesn't matter cm or inches.

a question:
Will it be possible to have the coat made with No Vent or Slit in the back?

For years I thought that the back of this coat has a vent opening to it… but I’d also heard that some folks have insisted that there was no split to the back of the coat at all

recently, I began Rewatching the movie once again to see it I could spot it, but I could never find a scene where it could be Clearly seen; it could always be explained as one entire side of the coat falling all the way to the left or right behind Ford as he was running, jumping, etc

Then, I started watching the wonderful DANGEROUS DAYS Blade Runner Documentary, which is filled with amazing behind-the-scenes / making of shots & footage of Ford (in costume) that aren’t anywhere else in the movie…

And only a couple of minutes into the documentary, there’s unused footage of Ford jumping onto the roof of a car (and slipping for a second before standing up) and it seems really clear to me that there is No vent on the back of that coat

… will this be an option for your customers?

Thanks, Jameel :)

I vote that the jacket had no slit-
7642.jpg
4568.jpg

Okay the phrase vent through me. I am thinking where in the hell is a vent in the coat?

The slit at the bottom back of the coat.

Yeah, please don't add that if possible. The pics above clearly show there is not one.

If not no biggie.

Love you guys, you are awesome.
Now it's crystal clear why coat was too big/ roomy, when back or side slit removes from long coat/ trench then add additional room for walking /running.

Last edited:
A few more rare coat shots from the collection...

:)

Attachments

• 2612.jpg
    2612.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 2458.jpg
    2458.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 2137.jpg
    2137.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 2458.jpg
    2458.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 97
Here is another view, you guys
can see coat center seam is close, throughout his legs.
InkedBladeRunner.1982 Back Slit- vent 3.jpg

And I noticed, lights come a cross from his coat fabric, so it is thin fabric as Egyptian cotton.

Okay missed this for 40 years.

What vent??????????

:)
JamesFett, I've always been under the impression that the slit (or pleated opening) on the lower backside of a trench coat was called a "Vent"
apologies, if this caused any confusion

and prior to my recent rewatch of BR I'd always assumed there Was that slit in the back (likely because I've always seen Other replica makers putting a Seam down the middle of the back -or- the slit -or- Both)

Now I realize that's not the case
I thought I saw a photo of Jameel's coat showing the back with the slit ... my misunderstanding if this was simply a prototype, but I wanted to be sure this got mentioned; I'm kinda showing up Late to this party and just wanted to be sure to mention a few things and Ask questions, too ;)

(great photos, by the way, nick daring) (y)

JamesFett, A vent is a vertical slit rising from the bottom hem of a jacket or a skirt, generally to allow for ease of movement.
Definitely I have gone through coat vent, because I haven't seen any clue or any post/ question about it.
Thank you Mitch LaRue pointing this error.

JamesFett, A vent is a vertical slit rising from the bottom hem of a jacket or a skirt, generally to allow for ease of movement.
Definitely I have gone through coat vent, because I haven't seen any clue or any post/ question about it.
Thank you Mitch LaRue pointing this error.

Glad this got mentioned, then! :)

We all know you want to make THE BEST Deckard Trench that's ever been offered -and Everyone here is doing their best to Help you to do this!
(y) (y)

:p :lol: :love: (y) :);):cool:

I was seriously about to check my cheap Chinese knockoff coat for some kind of mesh or something I somehow missed, then there was another post explaining it.

I not sure which is funnier for me, thinking I have never seen some type of air vent on the coat after all these years or the fact I was about to go look for it.:):cool:(y):p:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::love::unsure::D:);)

It was a long day, it was late, I am past the halfway mark, etc..

Could it be possible several coat were made for filming, with different details on them......especially a vent on the back to have better movements for the actor during certain scenes ???

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back