Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 - Soup to Nuts!

Little more progress!

I had a TON on my plate the last few months, slamming out projects for folks. But I finally got a few days to work on Deckard again.

I am hoping this will be the actual last mock up nailing down the last few details.

There is actually quite a bit of small things I am changing on this one compared to the last - again coming down to the collar (construction wise) and I will be doing a garment dye on this one as well.

I found a dye formula that looks *almost* dead on to the Pantone color we are shooting for.

If anyone has leads on dyers that don't require a min order of 500 yards, please let me know! I don't mind shelling out that cash for the project for the selective jackets we are doing. But I absolutely don't have space for that amount of materials in my small office.

Still trying to sort buttons, so that will be the last thing - but we have our sizes down. I will again hand stitch all the button holes on this one. My janome hd3000 that is my backup machine to my industrial juki does clean button holes, but the hand sewn ones have a more correct look and feel. Even if it takes about 8 hours to do them all, hah!

Anyhow, I am really thrilled with how cleanly this collar is coming out. The order of operations/shape/size I think I nailed on this. The rows of stitching really reduce the length of the collar, but I think I have the correct length accounted for the stitching to line up with the button facing on the placket.

It should also allow the flaps on the left side to fall in line with the breast pockets.

After watching the film again several times thanks to insufferable insomnia, and looking at as many screen caps and reference photos I can, I think this jacket will also achieve the correct ratio of collar to shoulder.

This is really evident in the final showdown where Deckard is hanging - you can see a lot of the shoulders past the collar.

There are some other changes made that I will go into once everything is completed and the final jackets are made.

I just need to add in the rows on the cuffs to add the lining.
531978DE-69BB-4177-9FB9-3F3C2971D4FD.jpeg
F5C37DDD-5D7B-4A92-8E86-BD9F9AA44E4F.jpeg

Thinking the changes I made to the collar are really paying off.

Almost done this one to get it ready for dye. Just need to attach the lining to the sleeves and hem. Then onto button holing.

Attachments

• 885DB0D9-C1B7-4583-A9D2-4A9CFC5844AA.jpeg
    885DB0D9-C1B7-4583-A9D2-4A9CFC5844AA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 141
  • B733C28C-2A0D-4D74-86EE-6598AB15A969.jpeg
    B733C28C-2A0D-4D74-86EE-6598AB15A969.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 142
Will you be selling these? Really interested. Also the shirts.
I won't be selling the trench coats, no.

There's a few reasons, but one being how long they take.

Each coat takes at least a full 9-5, 5 day work week. And that is before any dying.

I would need to charge a very high price for them.

I *may* do a run of the blazers, but again, they'd be a pretty penny.

Making is my full time gig, but when it comes to things like this, I can't compete with manufacturers based in garment producing areas, or folks who have their designs done over seas.

There's some good budget options for the main shirt, and I think Magnoli still offers the teal/pink shirt, and started offering the diamond patterned one (though I still get *firsts* on that :p)

Each coat takes at least a full 9-5, 5 day work week. And that is before any dying.

Making is my full time gig, but when it comes to things like this, I can't compete with manufacturers based in garment producing areas, or folks who have their designs done over seas.

There's some good budget options for the main shirt, and I think Magnoli still offers the teal/pink shirt, and started offering the diamond patterned one (though I still get *firsts* on that :p)
Makes sense. If you do decide to do a run or special commissions I would be interested. I've never heard of Magnoli admittedly but their stuff does look pretty good. How accurate are they? And are they good quality?

Hey Egon,
Definitely you have done great job.
Well, being a tailor/manufacturer I know how difficult to develop screen accurate coat, while doing other projects too.
Officer Deckard coat have many details and specially collar details are complex.
I made this coat in May 2021 but, that wasn't come out as good as I thought so I stopped working on it.
After seeing your " winter Deckard" I'm thinking I should redo it.
Nice work bro, keep it up and develop Blade Runner 2049 coat too.

Thank you,

I think that only special orders/commission would be the ticket. "Mass production"...not so much as you have stated clearly in your response(y)

Hey Egon,
Definitely you have done great job.
Well, being a tailor/manufacturer I know how difficult to develop screen accurate coat, while doing other projects too.
Officer Deckard coat have many details and specially collar details are complex.
I made this coat in May 2021 but, that wasn't come out as good as I thought so I stopped working on it.
After seeing your " winter Deckard" I'm thinking I should redo it.
Nice work bro, keep it up and develop Blade Runner 2049 coat too.

Thank you,
Care to post your jacket?

My coat collar height was shorter than original coat.
You can see in this picture.

Attachments

• IMG-20210428-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20210428-WA0016.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 115
My coat neck was smaller than original and collar needs slightly higher/wider too.
I couldn't find any interested clients about that coat so I haven't redo it.

Old BR Coat.jpg

Got my test print in for the patchwork Deckard shirt. Pretty happy with it! I picked up some nice chambray for the body of the shirt as well. Not sure when I will have time to tackle it, but very excited! This will just leave the purple paisley shirt and the sweater for Deckards costuming (I think)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.12.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.12.48 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.16.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.16.17 AM.png
    1,000 KB · Views: 97

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back