Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 - Soup to Nuts!

I just saw this in the upcoming Prop Store auction, in case you wanted a good resource on another Deckard shirt...
I just figured a nice photo like this would make it a lot easier in case you wanted to reproduce this one as well.

1634718868811.png

I've been in and out of this thread for months. I'm just amazed at the level of detail you're putting in to the whole costume. Simply amazing.
Thank you! I really appreciate all the positive feedback I have gotten on this project

*very* excited we are getting better pics of this shirt! I started a file awhile back, but I will have to soften things up a bit based on these new pics!

Well, because I am a crazy person, I redid the collar on this mock up again

Watching the film again, it seemed the collars I had been doing were too tall, which *feels* right, but the collar isn't all that wide in reality. Certainly long, but still requires a lot of your shoulder showing when the collar is folded down.

I am very happy with the results. It looks more correct and feels more correct to boot. It will take a few more washing cycles to really break it in, but it folds down much softer now.

I also suspect that a lot of the way the collar falls is down to it being wet during most of the filming.

Next will be a dye bath for this one. Going to mix Rit camel and cocoa brown and see how it goes.
BF3A7FBD-D67A-4B3B-9ABC-0607D8772748.jpeg
B54E3DA9-433F-4C42-86BA-22B9C70E7F1A.jpeg
08B42820-67BE-4441-9191-80F8FCDDC0D8.jpeg

9632FF16-3FC6-4956-B58F-EE745A766F97.jpeg
A little cleanup to do, but the new photos of the shirt Prop Store is auctioning allowed me to (I think) figure out the correct pattern for the fabric that was used for the shirt detailing.

It appears that that fabric around the placket is one L shaped portion of fabric. Around the necks button hole, you can see the very edge of the pattern that appears on the collar ends. This leads me to believe the fabric repeated as such.

AEDF9822-3633-430E-ADFA-766E47CF653F.png

Thanks!

I think it'll be wishful thinking that I can get the scale of the print exactly correct to be able to do that. However it gives a lot of clues to what the pattern looked like.
Interesting that L shape on the shirt! Good eyes(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back