Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 - Soup to Nuts!

I'll get some better pictures tonight with the blazer etc, but wrapped up (almost just need to sew on the buttons) the Bradbury shirt

Attachments

• 85E6DC84-17F7-4B2A-A747-32454B7039A4.jpeg
    85E6DC84-17F7-4B2A-A747-32454B7039A4.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 146
  • ADDFC2DC-2CC7-4EEC-B776-3D053E2D69C0.jpeg
    ADDFC2DC-2CC7-4EEC-B776-3D053E2D69C0.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 143
Buttons are on! It looked a little weird on my dress form (as it is really for tops only) with the full gear so here it is standalone.

I believe I am the first person to tackle this shirt and complete it, so that feels pretty neat!

The shirt came together shockingly quickly; about 4 hours flat. Which for a button down, is really fast for me.

I tried to follow the grain as best I could, but the pockets are upside down, hah!

but I do have the contrast stitching on the collar, the correct thin bias placket, cuffs grain running perpendicular to the sleeves, the return edge of the darker fabric on the placket and pockets.

I was also able to get a hemming foot for my Juki, so I did a 1/4 rolled hem on the bottom.

it seems the color of the fabric photographs reallt closely to the prop store photos (which I sampled the colors from) so that is

Mark provided some fantastic reference of the first shirt I tackled, so with the new found confidence of this shirt, I may tackle that one again too!
60D50045-025E-4A70-9F1E-AD8E46799DA9.jpeg
97457C27-E6EB-4B3A-BB51-A78DBF7AA808.jpeg
00A1A701-E311-45F3-BE51-4C9BA7894726.jpeg

Amazing work on that shirt. I definitely will be getting a shirt made like that as my one BR shirt. It's the most subtle of the four shirts so it would look the best on me. All that's missing is the gray and purple shirt he wears with the brown tie, and the pink and green patterned shirt with the brown pants and you'll have his complete wardrobe seen in the movie.

Last edited:
Wow.

The collar top stitch detail is outstanding!

You know I've been following along, and everything you've made has been great, but getting the "miter" on that pink collar top stitch is something I just had to comment on. Really looks perfect, and I can imagine it is not easy to get looking that good at all.

Thank you all for such kind words regarding the shirt! I am really proud of that piece! It feels pretty validating to not only get such great feedback here, but also the inkling that this probably *is* the first replica of that shirt used in production. It isn't perfect - being printed and not knit - but still feels pretty neat!

Thank you guys! It is supposed to rain here all next week, so I am hoping my wife (a professional photographer) can take some good photos - so I have something other than iPhone pics from my office, hah!

Thank you guys! It is supposed to rain here all next week, so I am hoping my wife (a professional photographer) can take some good photos - so I have something other than iPhone pics from my office, hah!
Fantastic...I'm sure your wife, as well as yourself, made some recons already, in your city, to find the proper setting to take those pics! Eager to see them (y)

Well, unfortunately, it only rained one day last week hah. So no photos. Which is okay because I still needed to add the buttons onto this jacket closure anyhow.
Thank you all for the kind words on this project. It has been a really amazing opportunity and I am grateful to break away from my normal "Star Wars only" costumes. Which in turn, inspired a few more costumes I am currently working on!

Just tuning in now. All I have to say is congratulations and thank god someone finally got the collar right! I think most coat makers were simply using a rectancular pattern for the collar, correct? Hence that 'angular' look when pulled up around the around the back of the head, Whereas the film collar, and your version 3.0, has that beautiful curvature to it. Nailed it! Thanks again for sharing this and all your hard work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back