Rey's End Scene Lightsaber from ROS

I saw these come through my Twitter feed last night, and I haven't seen them posted up yet: pics of Rey's lightsaber from the new lightsaber reference book that just came out:
20200901_173656.jpg

20200901_173652.jpg

I'll throw some of my stuff into this thread as well-

Here's my take on the saber on Thingiverse:

It's made to go over a 1" dowel. There's a closed emitter and an open emitter. There's a fixed cog switch and an rotating one. The rotating switch does not move the petals on the emitter.

My current WIP is taking that file and setting up the insides to hold the microcontroller and battery that will drive the sound effects and speaker from the Adafruit tutorial: Prop-Maker Lightsaber

I'm done with the test prints and the internal geometries, so it's on to modifying the code and sanding/painting. Once I get mine built and all the changes are done, I'll hang the new files on Thingiverse.
Hi! Reviving this post to inquire if those updates ever happened. Looking to possibly print one for installed electronics use. Thingiverse post is dated Jan 2020. I'm assuming that it's still the original as per this post?

Has anyone made a version of this saber that adds some of the finer details shown in some of the more recent posts here? Is anybody planning to do a run of finished hilts?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back