Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Hello everyone I just came back from Star Wars Celebration in London. I'm in fact really jealous that the next convention will take place in Orlando, because this one was... AMAZING !! It was all positive energy. Just saying that I needed it after what happened recently in my country, in Nice. See all this fans, cosplayer and kids cheered me up ! I received many positive feeback, and even did some photoshoot. It's even possible that I participate to some future Star Wars events with the french rebel legion base (they saw me in front their stand and asked me right away to join them!:eek). Some Rey cosplayer's asked me question about my costume and I tried as much as I could to talk about this thread and send them here. This is actually the best one that i've found since I've started my cosplay, and It wouldn't have been possible without you all ! Thank you !

I've been to many panels, and was even able to walk on stage during Carrie Fisher's one with many others female cosplayer. Can't believe this happened!

Here are some pics :

bb8.jpgR2D2.jpgrey speeder.jpgrey vs kylo.jpgskywalker.jpgStormtrooper vs Rey.jpg

And best of all, I was very lucky to meet Warwick Davis :love

DSC07175.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome! I love the salvage bag, first one i've seen done. Warwick is great, we saw him at disney and he was super nice, he gave out a bunch of autograph cards to people waiting in his standby that he didnt get to.

were there alot of other reys there?

Awesome! I love the salvage bag, first one i've seen done. Warwick is great, we saw him at disney and he was super nice, he gave out a bunch of autograph cards to people waiting in his standby that he didnt get to.

were there alot of other reys there?

I've made it in the rush lol it was finished only 2 days before the convention.
Yes there were many Reys ! I've seen a few that have done the scavenger look, and they were great !
Warwick stayed a long time after his panel to take pics with fans. It was really kind.

Hello everyone I just came back from Star Wars Celebration in London. I'm in fact really jealous that the next convention will take place in Orlando, because this one was... AMAZING !! It was all positive energy. Just saying that I needed it after what happened recently in my country, in Nice. See all this fans, cosplayer and kids cheered me up ! I received many positive feeback, and even did some photoshoot. It's even possible that I participate to some future Star Wars events with the french rebel legion base (they saw me in front their stand and asked me right away to join them!:eek). Some Rey cosplayer's asked me question about my costume and I tried as much as I could to talk about this thread and send them here. This is actually the best one that i've found since I've started my cosplay, and I wouldn't have been possible without you all ! Thank you !

I've been to many panels, and was even able to walk on stage during Carrie Fisher's one, with many others female cosplayer. Can't believe this happened!

View attachment 645729View attachment 645730View attachment 645731View attachment 645732View attachment 645733View attachment 645734

View attachment 645739

Bon travail! Et je suis content que vous avais un bon moment (alors, beaucoup de bons moments!) a le convention!

(Forgive me any errors en mon francais. J'ai oublie beaucoup, mais je parle and ecris quand je peux.) ;)

Et bienvenue a le Rebel Legion! :D

(Realizing I might not be allowed to type in another language here, here's what Google thinks I said:

"Good work! And I 'm glad you had a good time ( so many good times! ) Is agreement !"

Then "...in my french. I forget a lot , but I speak and when I 'm writing."

And finally: "And welcome to the Rebel Legion!"

What I meant to say:

Good work and I'm glad you had a good time (so many good times) at the convention.

...in my friend. I forgot a lot but I speak and write when I can. (Looks like I mixed English and French in that one pretty well and messed up Google!)

And the last line, well, I got that one right. :D

Thought you guys might get a kick out of my efforts, so thought I'd share. Everyone keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Bon travail! Et je suis content que vous avais un bon moment (alors, beaucoup de bons moments!) a le convention!

(Forgive me any errors en mon francais. J'ai oublie beaucoup, mais je parle and ecris quand je peux.) ;)

Et bienvenue a le Rebel Legion! :D

(Realizing I might not be allowed to type in another language here, here's what Google thinks I said:

"Good work! And I 'm glad you had a good time ( so many good times! ) Is agreement !"

Then "...in my french. I forget a lot , but I speak and when I 'm writing."

And finally: "And welcome to the Rebel Legion!"

What I meant to say:

Good work and I'm glad you had a good time (so many good times) at the convention.

...in my friend. I forgot a lot but I speak and write when I can. (Looks like I mixed English and French in that one pretty well and messed up Google!)

And the last line, well, I got that one right. :D

Thought you guys might get a kick out of my efforts, so thought I'd share. Everyone keep up the good work!

hahaha thank you ! :thumbsup

Hello everyone I just came back from Star Wars Celebration in London. I'm in fact really jealous that the next convention will take place in Orlando, because this one was... AMAZING !! It was all positive energy. Just saying that I needed it after what happened recently in my country, in Nice. See all this fans, cosplayer and kids cheered me up ! I received many positive feeback, and even did some photoshoot. It's even possible that I participate to some future Star Wars events with the french rebel legion base (they saw me in front their stand and asked me right away to join them!:eek). Some Rey cosplayer's asked me question about my costume and I tried as much as I could to talk about this thread and send them here. This is actually the best one that i've found since I've started my cosplay, and I wouldn't have been possible without you all ! Thank you !

I've been to many panels, and was even able to walk on stage during Carrie Fisher's one, with many others female cosplayer. Can't believe this happened!

View attachment 645729View attachment 645730View attachment 645731View attachment 645732View attachment 645733View attachment 645734

View attachment 645739

And your full scavenger looks top notch! WELL DONE, Sister Rey! <3

@Kendra is that you in this vid at about 4:45?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mHCN-7r90dE

....got anymore pics of your salvage bag? I might have to make one of those!

Yes it's me !

Here is some pics of the bag :

sf.jpgsfdhj.jpgsfd.jpgsdfgh.jpg

The bag is 40X50X1cm. The material that I used :

- large waterproof bag, 65X58X1cm (US WW2) http://www.ebay.fr/itm/361461251464?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
- green helmet net (US) http://www.ebay.fr/itm/131482183886?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
- pieces of brown leather (I've used the left over from my backpack)
- coton strip (I've used this fabric from a pant, but I intend to remove it and replace it by this velvet kaki strip (23mm) which look like the accurate one : https://www.alittlemercerie.com/rub...e_1_m_prix_pour_longueur_de_1_m_-7088806.html )
- nut and bolt
- black cotton cord, 1cm diameter (I took mine from a disney bag that I've bought years ago :lol)
- 2pvc pipe, 25X4cm (I was in the rush, so instead of plastic I've used carboard. Don't use it, it will break in the edge. I'll replace that piece the accurate one).
- black thread
-Paint : Bronze textured paint, brown, black

Last edited:
^^^ might see if that guy that is doing the staff kits in the proj runs section would sell you just a couple of those.... but last I saw though the whole thing sounded a little sketchy with them.

couple things i'm seeing on the salvage bag.

salv-bag2.jpg

I found this pic, (don't think this is from the movie) that shows some kind of washers or grommets on the lower corners by the leather pieces, but those were not on the display costume bag. Also there is some kind of shoulder pad shown here that it looks like the ropes go through.

salv-bag3.jpg

You can also see it or something else there in this pic that is actually from the movie. Almost looks like there are 3 pieces of rope at the shoulder, or maybe that's just some cotton fabric used for the shoulder pad that has a pattern on it?

Anyone have other pics of this thing besides the one from the vis dictionary?

^^^ might see if that guy that is doing the staff kits in the proj runs section would sell you just a couple of those.... but last I saw though the whole thing sounded a little sketchy with them.

couple things i'm seeing on the salvage bag.

View attachment 648456

I found this pic, (don't think this is from the movie) that shows some kind of washers or grommets on the lower corners by the leather pieces, but those were not on the display costume bag. Also there is some kind of shoulder pad shown here that it looks like the ropes go through.

View attachment 648457

You can also see it or something else there in this pic that is actually from the movie. Almost looks like there are 3 pieces of rope at the shoulder, or maybe that's just some cotton fabric used for the shoulder pad that has a pattern on it?

Anyone have other pics of this thing besides the one from the vis dictionary?

black bag.pngsalvage bag note.jpg
I've worked on my salvage bag with this pics. You're right, I think there is 3 rope. A second piece seems to be stiched to each cord (you can see it on the first pic).
There is a metallic piece on the bottom, but it don't appear on every pics I've found. Maybe there is two version of this bag :confused

There is a metallic piece on the bottom, but it don't appear on every pics I've found. Maybe there is two version of this bag
could be the same bag but one side of the bag has it and the other does not?

good pic, definately has 2 pieces of rope on each that overlap and something around them at the ends.

hmmm... don't look *that* much like Rey boots, and if you'll spend that much, may as well spend a bit more and get the Po-Zus. I can vouch for their comfort and quality.

could be the same bag but one side of the bag has it and the other does not?

good pic, definately has 2 pieces of rope on each that overlap and something around them at the ends.

Yes it's possible. But I don't know what this metallic piece is... do you have an idea ?

Fellow Reys, I believe I have found the stitching that gives Rey's shirt that distinct look on the side seams.
It's a zigzag stitch. Here is a pic of the inside.

And here's the outside.
20160727_160514.jpg

Attachments

• 20160727_160529.jpg
    20160727_160529.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back