Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

that is fantastic! This it the closest and most detail I've been able to see of these so far! Thanks for posting... this will help me a great deal making mine.

I had no idea the 'backing' material had that sort of mesh pattern to it... I had thought it was wool felt. this changes things a great deal.

also, what do you all reckon the four little strap thingies on the top are? They all appear to be connected to one another, and there's even one missing. Wonder what that was?

The "shock cord" that goes through the metal clips appears to be wire to me.

Contec...where did this image come from?

****EDIT**** nevermind, I found it. This picture is from the Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit at Disney Studios. Thanks SOOO much for posting!

Last edited:
Those look considerably different than the ones used in the movie

star-wars-force-awaknes-2.20.00-PM.jpg

Not really.... The lighting and such are different. And this *may* be an alternate pair... a backup or a set made especially for the exhibit. We have seen already that there are differences in the various exhibits which are circulating.

However, they don't look "drastically" different. There is more apparent detail because we can see them much closer and more clearly than ever before...but that doesn't discount them as authentic. I have no doubt that these are not the exact same pair that she's wearing in the scene above, but they were made by the production team nonetheless, and as such they will have been made using the same materials and construction techniques.

Great.
Now I have to spend more money remaking the goggles. :facepalm

Leather, Sports ( jersey, athletic ) mesh, backing looks like it might be rubber?.
Side attachment's don't look like all the others (to thin and squared off)
Cording is completely wrong, all others including screen shots are grey.
and another flashlight? (torch for the folks across the pond)

Airbrushed, doesn't look like the others (to clean and the wrong color)

A few pics that may be useful, sorry about the poor quality I've had to snap these with my iPhone from my camera's view screen
I got quite a few more, so once fix my internet I'll load the rest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 179
Few more shots, once again sorry about there quality but I thought they may help some,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 113
Managed to track down one of these bad boys!
37PatSignal1.png

Borrowing off a friend, so need to take care of it.
Will take a pattern off it, make the necessary alterations to the pattern, and construct a new one from scratch which will then be beaten down and weathered.
Might scan the pattern and write up some instructions when it's done so others are able to make their own replicas :)

Thinking of using some 18oz canvas for this, does that seem about right for military bag replicas?

Last edited:
Managed to track down one of these bad boys!
View attachment 572685

Borrowing off a friend, so need to take care of it.
Will take a pattern off it, make the necessary alterations to the pattern, and construct a new one from scratch which will then be beaten down and weathered.
Might scan the pattern and write up some instructions when it's done so others are able to make their own replicas :)

Thinking of using some 18oz canvas for this, does that seem about right for military bag replicas?
Most military bags I've looked at are 22oz. ALSO, you'd be my hero if you shared the pattern!

Responding to Varda about the wrist wrap.

I previously asked questions about how to make it if you look back through the thread and division6 posted very detailed pictures about how it wraps.

There is one measurement on it that says 4" wide, so go by that. What I did is printed it out in pieces and taped it together. I think it is at 100% actual size, but once you print it, measure where it says 4" and see if it is right then you can print it larger or smaller as you need.

To make it, you have to glue two pieces of leather back to back. Again, find the pictures posted earlier of how it wraps. I recommend a lighter weight leather like garment leather so that when you glue the two pieces together it does not get too heavy.

If you don't want to make it, I think someone said a couple pages back that he is selling them pre-made for about $20 or $25. It's worth it if you have to buy the leather anyway and it will save having to figure it out correctly.

They do yes. You can buy the green bubble lenses on eBay for $25.

(Oops, still learning this, I meant to direct quote the green storm strooper lenses for her goggles comment from page 1 or 2) ;)

A few pics that may be useful, sorry about the poor quality I've had to snap these with my iPhone from my camera's view screen
I got quite a few more, so once fix my internet I'll load the rest

I hope you are able to upload the original soon, so we can see the measurement a little clearer.

Viscose.jpg
Hey everyone! I know most people have had their wraps set on dharma, but I found this 100% Viscose scarf at Hobby Lobby that I believe would work amazingly well. It comes white and measure 18x77 inches. Excellent if you don't mind sewing together a few for the length. it runs about 6.00 to 7.00 USD minus the 40% you can take off with a coupon. Is very thin and it drapes amazingly well.

What's a "greeblie"??

Nice closeup on the greeblies on the left shoulder-strap, too! Looks like they might have gone to town on some army disposals supplies for the loops, just like the old days... *weeps quietly*

View attachment 465847[/QUOTE]

The metal cylinder on Reys left backpack strap, It kinda looks like one of the early Lighters made. Some of them even has the chain attached at both end just as Rays is.
Called a "Catalytic lighter"
Can't seem to find pictures of other models but this is one of them :
Pyrofix__2_.JPG

Sorry I am really new to this forum and I haven't made it thru the entire 52 pages of posts but I made it thru far enough that I saw some people who are able to 3D print Or cast pieces to make Rey's staff. Would any of those who are able to do this give me pricing for this? I know I do not possess this talent nor do I have the space to make it with other items like I have seen on other webpages. Thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back