Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kristen jones

Master Member
Just for the heck of it, i figured I'd pop in and share a milestone I've just reached.

I have just finished my one hundredth pair of Scavenger Goggles! What a strange journey it's been... and I am so thrilled that people still want thse. <3

YOs6uLI.jpg

WmBKIlc.jpg

yMEWbhR.jpg

Botozis C

Hello everyone: i´m still confused about the shoulder pad_ It´s attached to the backstrap? Show a inner view picture? Thanks in advance

C

kristen jones

Master Member
yes, it's attached to the left shoulder strap of the backpack.

There is a webbing loop at the top of it which wraps round the shoulder strap and closes with a snap. additionally, i used a bit of waxed twine and put a few tack stitches along the front edge of the shoulder pad between it and the shoulder strap to keep the pad aligned with the shoulder strap.

Goldhawk

Hello everyone: i´m still confused about the shoulder pad_ It´s attached to the backstrap? Show a inner view picture? Thanks in advance

C

Here's how I did mine. It's not too complicated, but it definitely helps to see pics! the strap fastens around the left shoulder strap of the backpack. I have to disagree with you on how it fastens though, kristen jones :) I used the fastening method from the display with the tri-glide.

Attachments

• 20170710_121007.jpg
    20170710_121007.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 248
  • 20170710_121015.jpg
    20170710_121015.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 250

Dame to Kill

Hello Scavengers!
I am new here so I hope it is the right place to post it at

I am planning on making a Rey cosplay for the next convention (March). I am a newbie cosplay with a small experience in sewing by hand and therefore I will mainly modify existed clothes. For the wrap which goes around her body I saw many people talking about viscose as a confirmed material but from a research of mine it is too expensive to me. As a second material, I found cotton gauze which looks to be used on cheese more than to do the wrap.
Which material can be used as an alternative to viscose? Do you have links for materials (viscose, crinckled viscose, solid gauze, cotton gauze) in sites which ship free, with good quality materials and sane prices?
thanks in advance to those who will help :)

clxrinetist

So I am planning on being Rey for Halloween and my marching bands trunk or treat, and I’m having trouble finding out what fabric to use for the cloth/straps (whatever you call them) that Rey has on her staff. Could anyone help me out?? I’m also trying to decide what outfit I want to wear because she has her staff with her every time she has a different outfit on. In the meantime I’m going to keep looking at this thread and other places too:)

harrisonp

Sr Member
Just dropping in to say that I’m currently reading through this thread in its entirety and it’s IMO one of the greatest I’ve ever seen on the RPF. The passion about this costume brings me back to how much I loved TFA and the anticipation of its release. Really incredible work, research, and collaboration.

jackwabbit

I'm here just because I saw this thread was still active, and like so many, it's a fond, fond memory. Awww. Good times. (Though I never did get my goggles....) ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.