Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Just for the heck of it, i figured I'd pop in and share a milestone I've just reached.

I have just finished my one hundredth pair of Scavenger Goggles! What a strange journey it's been... and I am so thrilled that people still want thse. <3

YOs6uLI.jpg

WmBKIlc.jpg

yMEWbhR.jpg

Hello everyone: i´m still confused about the shoulder pad_ It´s attached to the backstrap? Show a inner view picture? Thanks in advance

C

yes, it's attached to the left shoulder strap of the backpack.

There is a webbing loop at the top of it which wraps round the shoulder strap and closes with a snap. additionally, i used a bit of waxed twine and put a few tack stitches along the front edge of the shoulder pad between it and the shoulder strap to keep the pad aligned with the shoulder strap.

Hello everyone: i´m still confused about the shoulder pad_ It´s attached to the backstrap? Show a inner view picture? Thanks in advance

C

Here's how I did mine. It's not too complicated, but it definitely helps to see pics! the strap fastens around the left shoulder strap of the backpack. I have to disagree with you on how it fastens though, kristen jones :) I used the fastening method from the display with the tri-glide.

Attachments

• 20170710_121007.jpg
    20170710_121007.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 418
  • 20170710_121015.jpg
    20170710_121015.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 430
Hello Scavengers!
I am new here so I hope it is the right place to post it at

I am planning on making a Rey cosplay for the next convention (March). I am a newbie cosplay with a small experience in sewing by hand and therefore I will mainly modify existed clothes. For the wrap which goes around her body I saw many people talking about viscose as a confirmed material but from a research of mine it is too expensive to me. As a second material, I found cotton gauze which looks to be used on cheese more than to do the wrap.
Which material can be used as an alternative to viscose? Do you have links for materials (viscose, crinckled viscose, solid gauze, cotton gauze) in sites which ship free, with good quality materials and sane prices?
thanks in advance to those who will help :)

So I am planning on being Rey for Halloween and my marching bands trunk or treat, and I’m having trouble finding out what fabric to use for the cloth/straps (whatever you call them) that Rey has on her staff. Could anyone help me out?? I’m also trying to decide what outfit I want to wear because she has her staff with her every time she has a different outfit on. In the meantime I’m going to keep looking at this thread and other places too:)

Just dropping in to say that I’m currently reading through this thread in its entirety and it’s IMO one of the greatest I’ve ever seen on the RPF. The passion about this costume brings me back to how much I loved TFA and the anticipation of its release. Really incredible work, research, and collaboration.

I’m doing a Rey staff build, and I came to this thread looking for reference photos and info on the strap. What I got was the one the most in-depth impressive prop/costume threads I’ve ever seen on the RPF. This and the DL44 thread are two of the greatest sources of information I’ve come across. I got completely lost in this and I’m not even making a full costume. It’s fantastic seeing the level of detail, talent, and love put into researching/building this costume. Kudos to all involved and those who’ve made the costume. Especially kristen jones and division 6 these two clearly put so much work into this. Now I think I need a pair goggles for my collection!

I’m doing a Rey staff build, and I came to this thread looking for reference photos and info on the strap. What I got was the one the most in-depth impressive prop/costume threads I’ve ever seen on the RPF. This and the DL44 thread are two of the greatest sources of information I’ve come across. I got completely lost in this and I’m not even making a full costume. It’s fantastic seeing the level of detail, talent, and love put into researching/building this costume. Kudos to all involved and those who’ve made the costume. Especially kristen jones and division 6 these two clearly put so much work into this. Now I think I need a pair goggles for my collection!
when you're ready for goggles, look me up at the Facebook link above. i'm still making them. I'm on pair #225 now :p

when you're ready for goggles, look me up at the Facebook link above. i'm still making them. I'm on pair #225 now :p
That is actually amazing! I’m definitely ready, unfortunately seems like FB is down and has been most of the day. Is there another way to contact/place order? Can also wait until FB is back up if that’s preferred, no worries.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back