Rey Alternate Outfit? (possible spoilers)

mithryanna

I'm interested in creating Rey's grey outfit from the end of the film. Everyone seems to be very focused on her 'classic'/desert garb and I don't see much talk about the end of film alternate yet.

Actually, I'm finding it difficult to get refs at this stage in the game because the film is still so new. If anyone could help out in that department it would be much appreciated! All I've been able to dig up so far is this shot of the action figure, which makes the outfit look tan even though I swear in the film it is grey!
Rey-ActionFigure.jpg

If anyone wants to discuss patterns for the vest after we get some better refs that would be great. I'll be satisfied with generic snug capris for the bottoms but I'd like to get the seaming right on the vest. It seems like I can salvage info about the boots and bag from the other threads about classic/desert Rey.

I did find some relevant posts in the big Rey Build thread about the grey outfit. They're pretty well buried so I'm going to go ahead and link to them for anyone who may be interested.

Light discussion/desc: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237501&page=46&p=3846615&viewfull=1#post3846615
Same action figure pic as what I found, plus movie screenshot (only head and shoulders): http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237501&p=3846618&viewfull=1#post3846618
Discussion of vest materials: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237501&p=3847298&viewfull=1#post3847298 (see also #1142 and #1143 following it)
Info on the shoes, which are the same from the 'standard' movie outfit: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237501&p=3848844&viewfull=1#post3848844
More discussion of vest materials: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237501&p=3849635&viewfull=1#post3849635

There's not a ton of new info in there, but there is a good ref shot in this post: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237501&page=47&p=3849873&viewfull=1#post3849873

HTH! Guess we'll just be waiting a while for good screenshots to leak.

Last edited:
Saw The movie today for the 4th time and I decided I want to Crossplay Rey She is Epic I feel Her outfit at the end might be easier to create. I have been brain storming how to do her original one as a male. I just got a Sith robe for myself for Christmas and in 2016 i was planing on making a tusken sith now i might focus on Rey! Well Thanks for all the info tough part i feel is not much of what works for you all will work for men so i feel i might have to really put some work into finding options. You all have done some amazing work on the shoes i wish they had those in mens :) I have been reading the other thread for days now and tonight found this one cant wait to see all your hard work :) Wishing you all a Happy Holidays :) I will try to take a screen shot when she is in the new outfit on Christmas when i go again :) Dan

I've seen the film 5 times already, and so each consecutive time I looked at her hair and her outfits etc.

The good news is that the boots, staff and arm wraps are the same. Bad news is her clothing is totally different. The bracers look like grey wool to me but I'm not an expert. The shirt is cut much lower than the one in the rest of the film. The capris are short and have a slit on the outer edge about 3" long I would guess.

The boots are Po-Zu Piper in I think dark brown.

The pouch is a British WW2 signal satchel if I recall correctly, but I can't recall any additional details. They're mostly only available in the UK so you'd probably need to order from there. However I watched closely and I didn't see her with the pouch at the end so I am not certain it's with her new outfit.

She has a dark brown leather holster that seems to attach to the belt. It only looks like one leg wrap but I'm going to look closer next time I go.

She has the blaster from Han in said holster.

And of course she has Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber which may or may not actually become hers in Ep VIII. So I am going to hold off on that until we get some trailers. In fact, her costume at the end of this film may not even be in the next one. But we only have to wait a year and a half to find out, right? :p

... The good news is that the boots, staff and arm wraps are the same. Bad news is her clothing is totally different. The bracers look like grey wool to me but I'm not an expert. The shirt is cut much lower than the one in the rest of the film. The capris are short and have a slit on the outer edge about 3" long I would guess.

Also the shirt is a wrap-front, you can see it briefly in the scene where she's talking to unconscious Finn - it's a right-over-left wrap.

And I would say that the vest and bracers are almost certainly wool - the texture is unlikely to be anything else unless it's a wool-linen or wool-poly blend.

the Sleeves seem to go all the way to the hands and are wool also kind of a elbow crease also when she is walking up the hill i did not see any bracers on in the final scene going back on Christmas will try to get a better look and stuff. Great Catch on the Shirt that is the only time you see it open up is when she is with Finn so it does kind have a wrap kinda of style to it.

Last edited:
Trust Me Zypher you know way more than i do. I am 100% new to this swimming pool and at times feel i am swimming in the deep end already. I want to find photos and stuff went shopping today kept looking in every book and magazine i could find nothing of her Resistance Outfit so need to wait a bit i am seeing the movie again On Christmas so i will pay attention again :) Merry Christmas to you all :)

I could not NOT stare at the vest in the theatre. I have only posted in the review thread: The material is somewhat coarsely woven. It reminded me of the Elvencloaks in Lord of the Rings movies... The yarn is not a uniform grey but lighter here and there. (The spots being on the yarn, not the fabric).
I noticed also that the edges are not hemmed, but serged (if that is the correct word if you do it by hand...)

Does anyone know if the alternate outfit boots are the Po-zu Piper V Dark Brown or Piper V Dark Grey? I know her main outfit boots are Dark Brown, but I've had a hell of a time finding a clear shot of her alternate outfit boot coloring. I watched the movie again today and I feel like they might be the Dark Grey version, but this was before I did my research and knew what to look for.

Does anyone know if the alternate outfit boots are the Po-zu Piper V Dark Brown or Piper V Dark Grey? I know her main outfit boots are Dark Brown, but I've had a hell of a time finding a clear shot of her alternate outfit boot coloring. I watched the movie again today and I feel like they might be the Dark Grey version, but this was before I did my research and knew what to look for.

Aesthetically, I would assume grey would be the best choice. Continuity wise, I think it's most likely they stuck with the brown. What are the odds that the resistance had the exact same style of Jakku shoe she was wearing in a different color on hand?

Aesthetically, I would assume grey would be the best choice. Continuity wise, I think it's most likely they stuck with the brown. What are the odds that the resistance had the exact same style of Jakku shoe she was wearing in a different color on hand?

Very good point. I scoured a bit more and it appears that they did reuse the Dark Brown. It looks to me like they either added fabric or did something to the heel section - the change appears to be a much lighter grey color than it had been previously which doesn't match with the Dark Grey version of the Piper shoes.

Rey Back.jpg
Sorry I know its a bad pic this is what i got tonight seeing for the 5th time something i had not noticed before the back has like 2 seams that come off under the shoulder pads go down the back and kinda like 2 C they are just under the arm and go to lower back sorry the photo is trash but i added some colors to kinda show what it looks like I have to say I feel the boots might be Grey with this outfit but was hard to say i will see it again maybe this weekend or for sure on the 31st or 1st for sure i said i want it to be the last movie i see in 2015 and first i see in 2016 :) I am going to run around on Saturday go to a few book stores see if i can find any pic with her wearing it to get a clear photo for us. Also the Seams in the back did not look like they are in the front at all.............Dan

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back