Revell release schedule

It's a new tool. Revell is sharing some WIP pics on their blog:

First test shot:

It looks like the bird can be built with the engines inside or outside of the fuselage. I hope they provide double parts for the rear so that you have a finished plane and a finished engine on the display stand. A separate engine offers various display options which is extremely cool; you could build a maintenance diorama or show the plane with various panels removed, revealing the engine beneath the skin. :)

yeah wicked - I am so going to buy one of these when its released. It looks infinitely better than the old Testors one for sure

Some test shots for the Revell kit. Note this is not the final production parts

for those who have Faceboook

_nc_ohc=Yj-htoGGfOcAX8vAtOT&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=IET3mxLag9gAX_-1Dls&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=HlGYZVdCXMQAX8kcjx5&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

So it seems like the Revell and the Round 2 will be equally nice. If they both received the digital files and the with the 3D tech making things quite a bit ‘easier’ these days,either side of the pond will have access to a very nice model.

Not just you Taz, I also felt that. I am gonna get the Round 2 regardless. They have done some great Trek kits so i’jj support their SW efforts,on new stuff anyway.

It definitely looks smaller than the Round 2 version. It also looks like it may be one of their “Snaptite” style kits.

Both companies claim their RC is 1/72. Revell Germany is a bit closer to the Large Hadron Collider, which may cause shifts in time and space causing the error measurement. Fortunately it doesn't affect box measurements which seem to be consistent on Revell's side.

TazMan2000

It looks interesting. But does anyone know how they’re moulding this? Obviously a test 3D print is easy. But for a product to be mouldable in an injection moulding system you can’t have projecting or recessed details on the sides.

So either this is a multi-piece thing glued together, or they would need to use slide sections on the mould itself. Which is an expensive approach that few companies other than Bandai tend to do!

It definitely looks smaller than the Round 2 version. It also looks like it may be one of their “Snaptite” style kits.
supposedly the Revell one is 336 mm (13.26 inches)

The Round2 one was stated to be "about 14 inches" in their video

It is possible we have two slightly different sizes

It is also possible that Revell calculated the length with the guns and Round 2 did so without the guns? That would create something like a half inch or so difference at 1/72 scale I think

Or it is also possible neither was given an official size and left to their best guess based on the live filming sets.
Much like the A-Wing there are people who think the Razor Crest is much smaller or larger than others

Or, like the Millennium Falcon, the size of both the interior and the exterior of the ship changes based on the needs of the story.

For me, the kit I choose to get (call me crazy, but I'm not going to get both) will likely come down to how each kit handles the cockpit clear pieces. Whichever kit delivers the thinnest, most transparent, and in-scale looking glass so I can clearly see into the cockpit is the one that will win my $. I'm going to assume both kits will have similar levels of detail (or I can add them), but cockpit windows can be tough to pull off well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back