Resistance-esque Clothing?

badboibill

Hello all! I'm looking to put together a Resistance-esque cosplay for a buddy... but I'm primarily looking for clothing items and accessories that may fit the "look" of the Resistance. There's a large pool of folks in the fandom that have come up with really creative Resistance cosplay stuff (that I've seen at various events a la Celebration etc.,) and I'm hoping to get some ideas.

Any help/ideas is much appreciated! Thank you!

What role in the resistance? A soldier or just someone in casual wear like Poe’s jacket, pant, shirt combo and Luke’s fatigues for example.

I think the general guideline would be earth tones.

What role in the resistance? A soldier or just someone in casual wear like Poe’s jacket, pant, shirt combo and Luke’s fatigues for example.

I think the general guideline would be earth tones.
Just general stuff... any general resistance fighter (as opposed to like, a specially-clothed figure a la Generals/Mon Mothma etc.

Like I said, go with earth tone colors as the base (browns, tans, greens) you can splash in some accent colors. Stay away from blacks, white, and grays for the most part.

For design ideas. You can use a lot of historical battle type uniforms and established screen used uniforms for inspirations.

From what I tend to notice is that if an item is a found item, rarely is it associated with what it was designed for. Not always but for the most part. So I would stay away from using military related items. Try looking at sporting and safety, equipment.

Anything that looks like an obvious found item needs to be modified and given a Star Wars spin.

Try to hide, remove, modify buttons, zippers, laces, etc..

I would also try to add a couple go recognizable resistance components from screen used costumes so it gives an immediate visual identification to what you are trying to do.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back