Reporting for patrol duty: NCR Ranger Veteran

we need more rangers anyway, especially with where you two live ironfett, and ed209. Thanks for the compliments, and ed, I love the avatar haha, my custom ranger helm in new vegas is rocking that same text.

So i have a bit of an update on my helmet and the arm pouch, med kit/ammo pouch.

And I think I'm going to start a new thread for my anti mati rifle and sequoia, what do you all think?

anywho, I found this awesome reproduction pouch of a what i guess was a cartridge pouch that mounted on a belt. I can't say when it was supposed to be from atm lol. but for 20 bucks i figured hey why not, its leather so i can distess it really well, and it'll look just like the pouch from the art.
Desert_Armor.png

the pouch you see on his arm. it has what i guess is a first aid symbol so ill have it hold 45-70's plus a few med supplies. but when strapped to my arm it should fit the part very well.
IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

So when i get it distessed and mounted ill update again, I should have the pouches for the rear of my jacket finished then too.

Now, Since i forgot to take pictures of the lights before, and since I made what i think is a pretty ingenious way of powering my helm, I'll kill two birds with one stone. I ended up not having much room for the batteries i would need to power the lights, fan, and voice amp in my helm, so i decided i was going to run a remote power source. I went to an RC hobby store and got some small connectors and a set of larger ones they use for the battery packs and made it so the bottom mask plugs into the top helms wiring, and then ran power from my side hose that feeds into my camel back into the helm. this will run down into one of the rear pouches where i will have a 12v battery pack hard wired to the hose. sounds a little confusing prob, but itll make more sense once i have the pouches made and the battery pack installed and take pics. but for now, here are pics of the setup on the helm/mask combo.
IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

I will paint the plugs so they dont stand out, but i think it will end up working out amazingly. the AN fitting unscrews from the mask because it will permanently be part of my jacket and that is why i have the power source on a plug instead of hard wired.
now for lights!!
IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

the red light is wired to come on with a red light that reflects onto my masks nose piece and then reflects onto the lenses so it glows. I have my hand inside in the second pic to show my fingers all lit up.
IMG_3633.jpg

and then both together.

So let me know what you guys think. I greatly appreciate the comments and crits, although i havent really gotten any criticism, so i must be doing something right hahaha. Stay tuned for more, and I'm thinking I'm going to try to find a way to COmic Con with this haha.

Wow!!! I am so impressed!!!! That looks sooooo good!!! Everything came out great. I would suggest just beating the ***** out of that trench coat though. Man, I wish I could get you here to help me with my Boone costume!

Wow thanks man. And ya about the trench coat i was thinking that. In person it looks a bit rough but it is so new looking in pics I really need to rough it up, so thanks, that was the confirmation I needed to figure out if I should do it. haha man if I could I'd totally help the costume. but if you start make sure to send me a link I'll def follow it.

Woohoo, I did another photoshoot, i weathered the hell out of my jacket, I got my pouches on, and my power source hooked up, and i brought along my trusty rifle. Although i completely forgot my neck seal, DOH! lol

Ladies and Gents, I present to you
Sundown In The Wastes (lol)
IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

God i wish i didnt forget the neck seal, but ohwell, it's too dark now, and all in all, I really like how they came out generally haha. Leme know what you think all.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back