replacement decal sheet?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

binkleywalker

Sr Member
I've come across an older model of the lockheed SR-71 Blackbird by 'Italieri'.
The decal sheet seems a little dry and brittle.
My question: what are my options for a replacement sheet?
Can I find one aftermarket? Just the sheet?
I'm sure if I found one in the same scale (1:72), it would be close if not the same as the original, but are there places to find just a decal sheet?
If there are, where would I start?

I will now sit back as all of your wonderful suggestions pour in.
These are the best.. forums.. ever.
Thanks guys!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lenseman

Ok, I had a discontinued decal for a police helmet, found the right helmet eventually to match and found the decal had gone bad, even had cracks, but was in one piece./ I carefully airbrushed it with some clear acrylic paint (craft water thinning type). It all layed down and when dry for a couple of days I attached it to the helmet, then later clear coated with the same stuff using my airbrush. This was a single 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 decal, I know the SR71 has some narrow red stripes which might be tricky. Cheers....Tom

dropshipbob

Sr Member
you could give RObert at www.radicaldecals.com a try. He made some custom decals for me and only cost $25, and I even got more than one set. It mght be different with more or less decals though...not sure how he prices things. But they were excellent repros!!